PDA

View Full Version : Hamlet by Sea - photoshop only map

tilt
09-18-2010, 05:37 PM
So, I tried my hand at making a quick map with only the basic stuff from photoshop - so that means no extra textures or brushes. Turned out pretty nice I think :)

mearrin69
09-18-2010, 05:44 PM
Indeed it did. I really like your water in that one actually. Very pretty. The multi-hued trees are cool too.
M

jtougas
09-18-2010, 06:30 PM
*smacks forehead* AH..bevel....looks good

Jaxilon
09-18-2010, 07:10 PM
Yeah that came out pretty nice. I like the dune type hills you have along the right hand side. Is that a cloud along the left shoreline near the top half or is that supposed to be another hill? I would think it a cloud myself. There is a similar thing towards the bottom of the map that is more "Y" shaped. Not sure if that's airborne or land shaped. Other than those 2 things it looks just about perfect to me.

tilt
09-19-2010, 01:14 AM
Indeed it did. I really like your water in that one actually. Very pretty. The multi-hued trees are cool too.
M

Thank you - I think the water turned out rather nice too :)

*smacks forehead* AH..bevel....looks good

No need for forehead smacking you just end up with a headache ;)

Yeah that came out pretty nice. I like the dune type hills you have along the right hand side. Is that a cloud along the left shoreline near the top half or is that supposed to be another hill? I would think it a cloud myself. There is a similar thing towards the bottom of the map that is more "Y" shaped. Not sure if that's airborne or land shaped. Other than those 2 things it looks just about perfect to me.

eh... those are actually hills - it went a little fast with those as I was about to turn in ;)

Avengeil
09-19-2010, 02:17 AM
This is the second experiment that I have seen this weekend that came out really nice.Nice job.

tilt
09-19-2010, 02:28 AM
thanks Avengeil :)