PDA

View Full Version : Hey

Savannah
09-19-2010, 12:51 AM
I just realized that the last time I joined a forum, I never bothered to introduce myself. Might as well not do that here!

I'm mostly interested in mapping as it relates to D&D, both for world maps and dungeon/town/encounter maps. I tend to prefer realistic, detailed maps and I'm a bit of a perfectionist, which can make mapping interesting/frustrating. I joined this forum because of Ascension's atlas style tutorial - saw it, tried it, loved it. I went looking for others, and discovered that I couldn't see a lot of the pictures without joining. So here I am. Thanks, Ascension!

Don't really have anything else to say, but I'll probably be putting up some maps I'm working on sometime soon.

jtougas
09-19-2010, 02:26 AM
Welcome To The Guild looking forward to seeing some of your work

tilt
09-19-2010, 03:33 AM
Hi Savannah, welcome to the guild - so I'm guessing you've allready found the tutorials - when you start working on your next map - put in up in the WIP section for help and critique :)

Steel General
09-19-2010, 09:41 AM
Welcome Aboard!

Ascension
09-19-2010, 10:04 AM
You're welcome :)

mearrin69
09-19-2010, 10:10 AM
Howdy, neighbor. Welcome to the Guild! What part of OR are you from?

Ascension's tutorial is a great one. Funnily enough someone just resurrected his "pre-ascension" greetings thread (link (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?2213-I-am-a-mapaholic)), from just two years ago! It's cool to see how far people advance their skills over time - I know this community has helped me immensely over the past year. Please do post what you're working on.
M

Savannah
09-19-2010, 04:48 PM
I don't have anything quite ready to post, but I'll be sure to do so when I do. I'm sure I'll learn a lot!

I'm in the Portland metro area.

Rythal
09-19-2010, 07:35 PM
welcome to the guild

NeonKnight
09-20-2010, 05:08 PM
Welcome to the Guild!