PDA

View Full Version : Map for unfinished novel

mikereid
09-21-2010, 01:12 AM
I created this map to help keep me on track with my novel. I had a blast doing it, and I want to thank Ascension for the wonderful tutorial. I added a few tweaks and touches of my own, but he helped immensely with the groundwork.

Jaxilon
09-21-2010, 01:19 AM
That is really nice. I dig it. Repped.

jezelf
09-22-2010, 12:59 PM
great map - nice and clear, clean etc. I've got a novel to WIP, this is a good kick to get back to doing mine

thanks for showing, good luck with the novel

--------------

Baldrick: That's not what you said when you sent him your navel.

Blackadder: *Novel*, Baldrick -- not navel. I sent him my novel.

Baldrick: Well, novel or navel, it sounds a bit like a bag of grapefruits to me.

Black Adder III, Episode 2, Ink and Incapability

mikereid
09-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Thanks, guys. This has been a lot of fun. I'm starting work on city details now. Here's a WIP for the first one. I'm not happy with the terrain or field textures and I still need to add the keep, but it's getting there.

Sapiento
09-22-2010, 01:43 PM
I like the city WIP. Did you use the Ascension tutorial here, too?

mikereid
09-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Thanks! I used parts of Ascension's Fastest Town in the West tutorial (the buildings) and Flawedspirit's Land/Mountain texture tutorial. The rest of it was just messing around in Photoshop. I'm definitely learning a lot from everyone here.

Aval Penworth
09-22-2010, 07:38 PM
Thanks, guys. This has been a lot of fun. I'm starting work on city details now. Here's a WIP for the first one. I'm not happy with the terrain or field textures and I still need to add the keep, but it's getting there.

I like it. It has great potential.

That terrain issue is probably fixable by adjusting the scale of your texture. I think the texture might be too course for the "distance" you are trying to portray.