PDA

View Full Version : Mapping Castle Bran aka Castle Dracula

MadCartographer
10-01-2010, 05:11 PM
I was thinking it might be a fun project to map Castle Bran in Romania (Transylvania) the home of Vlad the Impaler, aka Vlad Dracula.

Here is a link to the castle:
http://www.brancastlemuseum.ro/indexfrm_en.htm

I plan on doing this in CC3 for my own enjoyment as I'm no where near good enough to post for a Mapping Challenge.

What do you all think?

Diamond
10-01-2010, 05:38 PM
I think it's a little too specific, honestly. But just 'map a castle' might be cool.

MadCartographer
10-01-2010, 06:08 PM
I think it's a little too specific, honestly. But just 'map a castle' might be cool.

I can agree to that, my idea was to map a real castle (specifically that one, but any will do). So maybe that should be the suggestion.

mearrin69
10-01-2010, 06:10 PM
That's pretty cool. The *original* Castle Ravenloft. Still, the layout of the castle in I6 was cooler. :) I'd go with Diamond's general "map a castle" though. I've been thinking I'd like to redo the maps of Strahd's castle from Ravenloft at some point - of course, that's more than a single challenge-worth of work. ;)
M

Avengeil
10-02-2010, 02:33 AM
I agree with Diamond's idea about a general map, too.That would be interesting.

Ascension
10-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Why not just make your own vampire castle challenge? It doesn't have to be Bran just dark and spooky.

ravells
10-06-2010, 08:46 AM
I'm up for a castle challenge!

Redrobes
10-06-2010, 09:02 AM
Yes its been a while since we had anything with a castle in it. Whether a vampire castle or other I think something strongly fortified would be a great challenge idea.