PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] unnamed world (Commission)

Quabbe
10-13-2010, 02:24 AM
Hey there,

this is the current status of a commissioned map, I am working on since a few weeks. The mountains are still under construction, I'm just not getting the right style I had in mind. Source of inspiration and requested style was the Dragon Age map.

To-Do-list:
- some textures must be replaced, still too 'heavy'
- mountains
- realistic rivers *sigh*
- ancient border
- everything I forgot to mention

Q

Marken4
10-13-2010, 02:33 AM
Are you kidding me? That looks awesome! Absolutely love the colour scheme. I have to rep you for this

Jaxilon
10-13-2010, 04:23 AM
I just started playing this game yesterday and I think you are doing fantastically. I do sort of wish I had not gotten the game until after the current challenge because now I am torn between wanting to play and wanting to work on my map. I'll be looking forward to seeing how this turns out and I think you are on the right track with your mountains already.

Ramah
10-13-2010, 05:36 AM
Already gorgeous, Quabbe. Look forward to watching this progress. :)

Steel General
10-13-2010, 06:55 AM
Looking good so far, my only little nit-pick is that the coastlines seem very smooth.

Sonnenfalke
10-13-2010, 07:06 AM
I like it ... the mountains are looking a bit low but as you wrote they are still under construction ;)
Can't wait for the realistic rivers :p

Slylok
10-13-2010, 08:05 AM
In my opinion it looks alot better than the dragon age map and I must say that I think this is the best map I have seen in this style even though it isn't finished yet. Can't wait to see more. :)

Also I like the way you did the coastline on the northern island. it really makes it look like an icy land mass.

slafleche
10-13-2010, 09:26 AM
When I first spoke with Quabbe, I knew I had the right guy for the job... and I would have to agree with Slylok , It really is starting to looking better then the Dragon Age map.

Katto
10-13-2010, 04:06 PM
I don't know the dragon age map, because I wait for the ultimate edition, but it looks very good so far.
Sehr gut, setzen, weitermachen :)

cereth
10-14-2010, 05:11 PM
Looking very cool so far. I especially like the northern regions.

Quabbe
10-21-2010, 08:37 AM
Hey,

sorry for my late response. I was the week in bed with fever.

First of all: Thanks for the kind words. Seems, I decided right with the colors.

@ Steel General

You are right. Some coastal lines could be a litte more rugged. I will consider it, thanks for the suggestion.

@ Slylok

Wow, that's high praise. I do not know if I deserve it at this time. But thanks, of course, motivation is always welcome. ;)

Q

Slipguard
10-22-2010, 01:28 AM
This is really a beautiful map. Also, those creases in the map already look like they could work as pathing for your rivers. They even section off the forests well! I might try this one day:) Here's some rep!