PDA

View Full Version : Hiya - n00b intro

teevee_etc
10-23-2010, 06:58 PM
Hiya,

So glad I have found this great place! Really the place to be for mapping and I'm looking forward to start my very first map. It will be a medieval/renaissance map and I will start once I've done a little more research. Still plotting a lot of the backstory - it's a writing project mainly - and once I've got the town and the surroundings in my head (or on paper) my new very exciting adventure will officially start.

Of course, I will check out all the tutorials as I need to start somewhere :P

Cheers
TVetc

mearrin69
10-23-2010, 07:02 PM
Welcome to the Guild! Looking forward to hearing more about your project.
M

teevee_etc
10-23-2010, 07:16 PM
Thanks! As soon as I have done my research and I've got my first chapter(s) up, I am more than happy to go into detail. Unfortunately only a few characters, situations and development have been plotted and it still could move in so many directions ;) Just didn't want to pass on this opportunity as I love graphics and creating the map is actually motivating me to write as well. A win-win!!

And I so think it won't stop at one map :P

Aenigma
10-23-2010, 07:32 PM
Welcome to our magical realm! Enjoy your stay!

teevee_etc
10-24-2010, 08:25 AM
Thanks! I believe I will enjoy my stay very much ;) Already checking out some of the tutorials and ideas keep popping, gonna be a fruitful adventure.

tilt
10-24-2010, 09:41 AM
welcome to the guild, when you're ready - post your map in a WIP thread for help and critique while working :)

Steel General
10-24-2010, 10:13 AM
Welcome Aboard!

teevee_etc
10-24-2010, 10:28 AM
welcome to the guild, when you're ready - post your map in a WIP thread for help and critique while working :)

Thanks! Gonna research and find some resources - like tutorials - for a little longer, but I'm looking forward to start. The various maps here and what I've seen on dA, have really inspired me. Will open a thread as soon as I begin..

teevee_etc
10-24-2010, 10:29 AM
Welcome Aboard!

Thanks! Already enjoying myself ;)

NeonKnight
10-26-2010, 12:09 AM
Welcome to the Guild!

teevee_etc
10-26-2010, 05:18 AM
Thanks! I'm trying to find my bearings by reading some of the tutorials. They and the resources are impressive as is the work of the members. Hope to contribute and be more active in the near future.