PDA

View Full Version : D&D hiking trip?

ironman13405
10-27-2010, 11:22 PM
I have this amazing idea I got it from another post where he said that he went D&D camping in the food post. Well that gave me the idea, hike as you roleplayed as your person staying in the age of terms using age old ways of collecting food and shelter. Hmm?

Jaxilon
10-29-2010, 01:18 PM
Go for it if you can stand to loose a few pounds to the elements.

Rythal
10-31-2010, 10:20 PM
I trust that you are going to do this as a human of some sort? I could just see someone dressing up as one of the more interesting D&D races and terrorizing the other hikers :D

911 dispatcher: Hello, what is your emergency?
Hiker: THERES A CRAZY PERSON DRESSED UP AS A NURGLE RUNNING AROUND THE PARK!!! D:

sounds like an interesting idea...

Map Vandal
11-03-2010, 09:57 AM
I tried something similar to this with a couple buddies 15 years ago when we were in high school. We packed some bread, apples and cheese and loaded them into our rucks along with a bedroll and headed for the trail. It was fun for a while, but then it rained. We ended up calling our parents from a pay-phone to come pick us up.

Talroth
11-03-2010, 11:54 AM
I trust that you are going to do this as a human of some sort? I could just see someone dressing up as one of the more interesting D&D races and terrorizing the other hikers :D

911 dispatcher: Hello, what is your emergency?
Hiker: THERES A CRAZY PERSON DRESSED UP AS A NURGLE RUNNING AROUND THE PARK!!! D:

sounds like an interesting idea...

I don't know, if someone knows what a nurgle is, then I'm sure they wouldn't bother calling anyone as they would know what was up.

I tried something similar to this with a couple buddies 15 years ago when we were in high school. We packed some bread, apples and cheese and loaded them into our rucks along with a bedroll and headed for the trail. It was fun for a while, but then it rained. We ended up calling our parents from a pay-phone to come pick us up.

If there was a payphone near by, you didn't go hiking! :P

Map Vandal
11-03-2010, 11:56 AM
If there was a payphone near by, you didn't go hiking! :P

It was a little bit of a walk, but we found one. The applachian trail goes through many small towns and parks. :)