PDA

View Full Version : November Challenge Winner: Gamerprinter - Superstition Valley

Arcana
12-02-2007, 10:22 PM
Congratulations are in order for a VERY large and phenominal competition entry from Gamerprinter. I think he intimidated everyone except for RobA from even entering this months contest with his incredible work. A round of applause!!!

Good job everyone! December Challenge will be coming up soon!

Torq
12-03-2007, 05:06 AM
Great work, GP. You thoroughly deserved it. Well done. This is coming from one of those intimidated.

Torq

ravells
12-03-2007, 05:29 AM
Great work GP! It was a superb entry. Yours is the first modular symbol arrangement I have ever seen in which the joins are so well hidden that it doesn't look repeated.

NeonKnight
12-03-2007, 11:22 AM
Congrats! A Superb job!

Gamerprinter
12-03-2007, 11:24 AM
My goal in this challenge entry was never to intimidate, rather I wanted to try some "old school" mapping with hand-drawn stuff, which I haven't worked with in over a decade.

Terrain Monkey actually inspired me to try my hand at using the pen to map with, viewing his Map-A-Day thread.

I am the consumate experimenter - I did not know if it were possible to create effective modular moutains with hand-drawn objects. To my surprise it worked in a superior fashion.

I am always amazed at the work posted in this forum and really don't place my work above anyone elses, in many cases far below the quality maps here.

I am glad to have an award under my belt, just the same.

(Maybe I'll not enter the next challenge until midmonth - so I won't intimidate anyone out of a challenge, still I'm going to "pick and choose" what I will participate in next.)

Arcana
12-03-2007, 11:40 AM
Hey GP...don't let me discourage you...the whole intimidate thing was just playful ribbing. You're always welcomed to participate.

RobA
12-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Good job GP - a well deserved win!

-Rob A>

pyrandon
12-03-2007, 05:06 PM
Congrats, GP!

RPMiller
12-04-2007, 04:11 PM
Congrats Gamerprinter.

terrainmonkey
12-06-2007, 09:18 AM
congrats! its always nice to hear that i've been an inspiration to someone. thanks!