PDA

View Full Version : Call me HeadClot (Introduction)

HeadClot
11-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Hey I am HeadClot aka Benjamin Stanley

I am posting from My local College campus here in Ogden, Utah

If you are wondering why I Call my self Headclot i will give you a short and simple explanation

I get shot in the head allot in Team Fortress 2 and other First person Shooters so that is why I call myself that plus it is funny in FPS games.

Well, I use Adobe Photoshop and Premuim Design Suite CS4 to make maps although I am not that good I am looking to become better. The Version I have is a version that I bought through my school. So it is reltivly cheaper than the Full priced version.

I also have a question Can I use Adobe Products that I have purchased through my school and sell the stuff that I make with the software?

( Maps, Graphics, etc )

If anyone could enlighten me please do :)

Redrobes
11-03-2010, 03:05 PM
That sounds like Hot Shots where you have Deadmeat and Washout ! I play a few of those on XBL but I dont have team fortress tho I played it a few times over at a friends. Cool game.

As for the Adobe thing. I think you need to check the license info that its shipped with. I was under the impression that you could but it might be cheaper so as to restrict it to educational work. I thought that so long as you could prove you were eligible then it was the full version. But then I am not the best person to ask.

Welcome.

HeadClot
11-04-2010, 12:09 AM
That sounds like Hot Shots where you have Deadmeat and Washout ! I play a few of those on XBL but I dont have team fortress tho I played it a few times over at a friends. Cool game.

As for the Adobe thing. I think you need to check the license info that its shipped with. I was under the impression that you could but it might be cheaper so as to restrict it to educational work. I thought that so long as you could prove you were eligible then it was the full version. But then I am not the best person to ask.

Welcome.

I am going to contact adobe tomorrow morning as it is late here in Utah and I doubt adobe will answer my questions this late at night...

mearrin69
11-04-2010, 12:54 AM
I'm pretty sure the educational version has no usage restrictions; you just have to be a student to buy it. And...welcome to the Guild!
M

tilt
11-04-2010, 04:18 AM
Welcome to the guild, and to answer your question, here is something I pulled from Adobes FAQ (http://www.adobe.com/education/students/studentteacheredition/faq.html) :)

Can I use my Adobe Student and Teacher Edition software for commercial use?
Yes. You may purchase a Student and Teacher Edition for personal as well as commercial use.

Steel General
11-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Welcome Aboard!

NeonKnight
11-06-2010, 10:46 AM
Welcome to the Guild!

Pretty sure you can sell things made with your student version of Adobe, would be akin to saying You cannot sell a novel you used a student version of MS Word to write.