PDA

View Full Version : November Challenge: Rice Hotel, Houston, Texas

sigurdbjohansson
11-12-2010, 11:20 AM
I`m currently running a GURPS Fallout campaign that takes place in Houston, Texas, and thought it would be fun to submit one of my brilliant ideas (sic) as a challenge map. Although I must say I cannot promise I`ll be finished in time. Too much work makes Siggy a dull boy... XD

Some background info: as you all know (can`t find the article right now) Texarkana is "governed\ruled" by a BoS trained unit called "The Guard".
This is going to be their "stronghold" in Houston, Texas.........

And what would be better than to make a Pipboy 3000 Local Map from the third (fourth? who cares) installment of the series...
Here`s what I`ve got this far........
* Stole some images off of the internets
* Cleaned up the screen part

### Latest WIP ###

sigurdbjohansson
11-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Going to a concert tonight but could not get myself to put this on hold.....

After an insane amount of time (sic again) I finally found a font resembling the one used in the game.
Removed the old text, but kept the lines showing boundaries and such.
Made my own text, using my own birthdate and a special time of the day......XD

### Latest WIP ###

RecklessEnthusiasm
11-12-2010, 01:36 PM
Nice idea for a border!

DevinNight
11-12-2010, 05:15 PM
cool idea. I'm playing Fallout 3 on the xbox and Fallout New Vegas on the PC.. so you have already won me over.

Steel General
11-13-2010, 09:16 AM
Good start, looking forward to seeing it develop...

Mrmox42
11-17-2010, 08:57 AM
Wow, your frame is great.

sigurdbjohansson
11-17-2010, 03:12 PM
Finally got some free time and thought I`d try to map the interior. I tried to find some building plans with Google, but no go, so the interior is pretty much just made up.
Also made myself an arrow and door icons, which I`m pretty proud of, if I may say so.... :)

### Latest WIP ###

tilt
11-19-2010, 04:42 PM
cool idea, looks good :)