PDA

View Full Version : November/December Entry: Daemion's Den of Divine Debautchery

geamon
11-24-2010, 03:21 PM
So I am gonna enter this lite challenge I thought of an idea that I can't resist. Basically going to do a sectional view of an underground whore house/gambling establishement etc etc. Gonan do the outline and hopefully get alot done tongiht because of time constraints. I challenge anyone who follows me and RE to follow the namming convention of using D's!!

RecklessEnthusiasm
11-24-2010, 09:17 PM
Hurray! Glad to have you on board, and with such a nice concept, too!

tilt
11-25-2010, 04:27 AM
cool, looking forward to see what you come up with. :)

geamon
11-25-2010, 08:12 PM
So here's my basic outline. The left stairwell and all areas accessible from it are patron areas and everything from the right stairwell is staff areas. Starting from top to bottom on the left side is VIP balcony, common room and viewing access to animal fighting arena, working ladies. Same for the right side is animal pit viewing area, animal arena pens and entrance gates, storage smuggling services and holding cell. Gonna try for a hand drawn look which is something I haven't done yet so wish me luck.

Edit thumbnail issues.

geamon
11-25-2010, 11:47 PM
This is as far as I got tonight. CC appreciated.

### Latest WIP ###

Ascension
11-26-2010, 12:18 AM
What's in room F?

rdanhenry
11-26-2010, 12:44 AM
I think you want "Games of chance" rather than "Games of change". It should be "one's primal self" with an apostrophe. Also, that second sentence is a fragment. Start it off with "Be it" before "games" and you'll have a proper sentence.

tilt
11-26-2010, 02:29 AM
hey.. don't dizz "games of change" gotta be something for the poor :)

I like the multi level idea :)

geamon
11-26-2010, 02:49 AM
Room F is a warehouse or storage, for stolen, smuggled, and any pretty much any illicit material. This leads down a set of stairs to a small holding cell used for by many different people. Not everything makes sense yet due to not being complete I.E the working ladies don't have doors to their rooms because it will be a part of the far wall. Thanks for pointing out the linguistic mistakes.

geamon
11-27-2010, 10:26 AM
Okay here is a much more clean version with some adjustments. Added the surface entrance and fixed most/all labeling/text/title. Everything should be more legible now. All I need to do is work on the fine details to give it the extra oomf. I got the day off so I'll try and finish it before the end of the day.

### Latest WIP ###

geamon
11-27-2010, 03:50 PM
So I think I'm almost done. Just at the editing stage where I need to make adjustments to enhance elements. Just gonna put it through a round of C&C and see what you guys think first. Let me know!

### Latest WIP ###

tilt
11-27-2010, 04:31 PM
look really good - like the shadows over the pit - the seating on the left side could use a bit more contrast to make us see what it is :)

geamon
11-28-2010, 07:11 AM
When you say on the left hand side, are you meaning the left set of benches for the pit? Or are you referring to the bar stools, if its the stools the one in the common room or those on the balcony? Also wanted to ask if the passage that goes behind the animal pit or around is evident with the use of the lightening of the wall?

tilt
11-28-2010, 10:10 AM
I ment the left set of benches for the pit, yes :) the stools are fine.
Not sure what passage you're refering too, so I guess that would be a no *lol*

geamon
11-28-2010, 03:22 PM
So yeah I have better contrasting with the bench area now, also added some spider webs in the smuggler's storage area as well as wall scratches in the cell. The passage I'm referring to goes around behind the animal pit and the other half is off screen around the front of the animal pit but not visible. But yeah I'm struggling to express the depth of view aside from using color gradients and opacity of textures used. That's the thing that's difficult with this kinda view. For simplicity purpose I wanted to avoid a slight ISO/elevated viewpoint to make sure I actually finish a challenge map.... Anyways unless there's any other small detail I want to include or any other major critique I receive, this will be my final version.

## Latest WIP ###

RecklessEnthusiasm
12-12-2010, 11:18 AM
Didn't get to see this until now. Beautiful vertical map--I don't see many of those about. I really like the crisp, clean look (the opposite of mine), and the really beautiful textures. Great job!

ravells
12-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Beautiful illustration, Geamon. I especially like shadow of the grille in the lighting for the animal pit. Room F looks like the place to be!

geamon
12-13-2010, 04:07 PM
Thanks guys I really appreciate the comments. Still learning but each new map I do i learn a lot of new stuff. Too bad my PC is being held up at the border and I cant open up my Intuos gift until Christmas even though its literally 6 feet away!! Still unsure if there is more that I can add.

ravells
12-13-2010, 06:25 PM
I know what you can add :)

Ascension
12-13-2010, 06:29 PM
Heh heh heh, nice one Ravs. Looks my house.

DEDDESO
12-17-2010, 10:11 PM
Awesome (I prefer the version without the girls but it's ok)

ravells
12-18-2010, 07:10 PM
Heh heh heh, nice one Ravs. Looks my house.

When are you asking me over?