PDA

View Full Version : November/December Entry: Damned Dungeon of the Deviate Demon Dreadnought

tilt
11-25-2010, 05:47 AM
I guess I'll throw myself in here and add to the mayhem of Multiple D's ;)

I've always loved a good dungeon crawl so why not make a dungeon fit for adventures adventuring avidly :)

The basic idea (until I change it) is that an ancient temple of a demon god was once covered by a volcano eruption, buried for centuries a mining company stumbles upon it when mining the mountain. I guess they shouldn't have - none of the miners survived the exploration. Now several months later an expedition (our adventurers) have been sent to investigate why no iron is comming from the mine anymore. In the meantime so creatures have taken residence in the dungeon, wisely avoiding the places where the ancient god's touch is strong. :)

RecklessEnthusiasm
11-25-2010, 05:58 AM
You're right, it sounds like a very classic dungeon concept: "The dwarves delved too greedily and too deep. You know what they awoke in the darkness..." I love it and can't wait to see it!

tilt
11-28-2010, 10:56 AM
test of style :)

Jaxilon
11-29-2010, 01:05 PM
The walls look a bit like they are floating but that might go away as you liven up the rest?

tilt
11-29-2010, 01:21 PM
yeah, they are just a automatic inner shadow - not the best solution - but fast :)

RobA
11-29-2010, 04:29 PM
Try an inner glow (or a 0 offset shadow) to avoid the floating look.

-Rob A>

tilt
11-29-2010, 04:50 PM
thats much better - thanks Rob :)

### Latest WIP ###

Jaxilon
12-03-2010, 02:40 AM
Yes that is better. I really should get in on this challenge.

tilt
12-03-2010, 04:49 AM
yep Jax, go get .. us ;)

RecklessEnthusiasm
12-03-2010, 08:21 AM
The more the merrier, Jax! I always love your competition.

Good work so far, Tilt--feels like the walls should be thicker, though. Can't wait to see how it develops!

geamon
12-03-2010, 10:46 AM
If you do Jax you must use only D's in your title!!!! Like what you got so far tilt not much to suggest. Maybe divisions along the wall section to show that its made from pavers/bricks? Or thickening the wall section to make it more realistic for shoring up the walls. Also if it begins to be too dark i suggest a mask on the dirt section on the outside of your walls and a new layer with something lighter in that same region that was masked out. Hoping to see something legen....dare I say it.....dary!!! That's right legendary! Haha

RecklessEnthusiasm
12-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Time is running out, Tilt! I'm eager to see what you turn out--hope you get a chance to finish.

ravells
12-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Yeah Tilt! Let's see what those miners found!

tilt
12-15-2010, 06:01 AM
sorry guys - that pesky real world keeps me from finishing in time with the quality I want :(

DEDDESO
12-15-2010, 04:38 PM
I made this image just some weeks ago. I think it fits the concept and I don't think I could do something better than this.

The entrance is on the roof of the dungeon, so this picture is what you see when the floor of the mine collapses for the dwarven greed.:)

If it's ok for the Challenge, I can post a way bigger version.

tilt
12-16-2010, 04:13 AM
Hi DEDDSO - if you want to enter the competition you have to make your own thread and name it according to the rules (ie november/december challenge: title of your map) ... then you have to put the text mentioned in the rules before the image (hex hex hex Latest WIP hex hex hex) - and its always nice to add some descriptive text of what we're seing but not a must. :)