PDA

View Full Version : Saying Hello!

LeonaWindrider
12-06-2007, 10:48 PM
Just wanted to introduce myself! You should see me, I'm grinning to myself now that I've run into others who enjoy cartography...I think I'm going to like it here!

I do concept art and illustrations for my husband's book series, and I have to say that one of the best times I've had while doing a piece for it was the map and the concepts leading up to it.

Great to know there's others who enjoy fantasy-based cartography also -- seeing this forum inspires me!

~Leona

ravells
12-07-2007, 05:06 AM
Welcome to the guild, Leona. Cartography can be a lonely business so it's nice to have a place to chat to fellow fantasy cartographers. It would be great to see some of your work - or do we have to buy the books? ;)

jaerdaph
12-07-2007, 12:25 PM
Hi Leona! Welcome to the Guild :)

pyrandon
12-07-2007, 01:00 PM
I love the fact you came, Leona! Your Island map was wonderful over at DeviantArt, and I know you'll fit in here quite swimmingly.

Can you tell us a bit about your husband's novels? I take it they're fantasy, but of what genre fantasy? And are they published?

Welcome!!

RPMiller
12-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Yes, welcome! I'll echo both Rav's and Pyrandon's requests for links and more information.