View Full Version : Model of house

11-30-2010, 05:11 AM
I was cleaning out some old stuff, when I fell over this model I made of our house as we were building it. I basicly transferred the land lots measurements to a fiberplate in scale 1:100 and then build the house from wood to that scale. I only have outside pictures, but the inner walls was made too. The little plastic figures are also scale 1:100.
The model was a good help to find out where we should place the house.
The green upright things are hedges (most of them non-existant at that time (and still rather low today)), the green thing lying down are to show the height of the road compared to the height of the lot.

11-30-2010, 05:29 AM
That's really cool! I'd love to have the opportunity to design and build a house to live in...but I don't think that will ever happen.

11-30-2010, 05:02 PM
I'd love to do something like that but my compulsiveness would mean that I would never get it done. Nice stuff.

12-04-2010, 09:17 AM
With all that you now know, would you still do it this way or use something like sketchup ?

12-04-2010, 02:11 PM
hmmmm good question Redrobes - I'd probably start off in Sketchup, and if I had extra time I might do the model building... been a long time since i made any IRL models though *lol*
I'm actually thinking of making my house with an idea for an upper floor in Sketchup - and if I can find out what angle the sun comes from I can calculate the impact of a second floor on our back yard and our neighbours garden. However, I have no idea about sun angles and stuff like that - other than they changes with the seasons :) ... but that would be cool - and also help showing the extremely small change it would be to our neighbours so they'd smile and say - sounds great *lol*

01-02-2011, 06:13 AM
I just snapped some photos of the inside of the house before handing it over to my kids to play with :)