PDA

View Full Version : Faremon Kingdom

pasis
12-03-2010, 05:26 AM
Hello all,

it's been a long time since I have been drawing maps, but couldn't resist anymore. This will be a setting for my new RP campaign if it turns out good enough. This is in a very early stage and I'm currently creating the mountains and adjusting color palette. The idea will be to have a glacier in the north and more temperate lands in the south. It means that the climate changes more rapidly than in real world, but I have decided to set such small things aside...

Djekspek
12-03-2010, 05:33 AM
heya, good te see ye back in the saddle! mountain and and ground textures already look very promising, and knowing what you can do, I bet this will be a stunner yet again ;) cheers

ravells
12-03-2010, 05:33 AM
Great to see you back in the mapping saddle, Pasis!

Midgardsormr
12-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Welcome back!

Ascension
12-03-2010, 05:17 PM
Climate schmimate...looks good and that's all that matters :)

Steel General
12-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Looks like another fine piece is underway...

Eilathen
12-04-2010, 08:35 AM
Welcome back, pasis.

Those mountains are all kinds of awesome. Very well done!

I hope to see where this is going... (aka keep us updated) ^^

tilt
12-04-2010, 02:17 PM
yeah Pasis, wb :)
and knowing you it will turn out fantastic :) and personally I prefer the climate debate to stay out of my maps *lol*

pasis
12-04-2010, 04:16 PM
Thanks guys for the kind words, you seem to have more faith than I do. I just came from Judo training and feeling too tired to do anything else than just laying back, so here is the current status before bed time. There is a small region on the west side that is already more or less finished called Blackmount Empire. I thought it would be fun to have a small piece from my old work in this one, so I scaled down my last piece http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?10724 and pasted it into to the map. We'll see if I'll keep it or not.

Slylok
12-05-2010, 11:06 PM
That looks great!

pasis
12-07-2010, 08:11 AM
Here is the latest...

Ascension
12-07-2010, 05:11 PM
I dig that snow effect up north, nice stuff there.

jtougas
12-07-2010, 05:20 PM
Looks Great !! the only thing I can think off is maybe the font for "Blind City" doesn't quite fit but still a beautiful map.. :)

Jaxilon
12-07-2010, 11:56 PM
Wonderful job! Good to see you posting here again.

Aenigma
12-08-2010, 05:35 AM
Awesome work :D It faintly reminsd me of Italy

Mmansen
03-24-2011, 03:40 AM
Hi! All well in the land of thousand lakes I hope.
Can I ask some questions about the Blackmount empire map? (The best map I ever laid me eyes on.) I understand that you won’t make a tutorial. If you did I would be very glad. I know you already did one tutorial and I used it a lot. But a tutorial to the blackmount empire would earn you a place in heaven. But If that’s not possible.
Could you post your textures for the map. I got me on textures but I find that they don’t work as good as yours. Your textures, all work so beautiful together.
The one I got is those from your guide and swamp and patched earth.
But There is some grey/brown dry land
And the grass texture
The grey moss, woodland or something texture

Even though nobody in the bitter north could dream it possible, the spring is here one more time. The sun shines in Stockholm.
Thank you
Mikael Mansen

oh I post it here. You got no more space in your mailbox