PDA

View Full Version : The Scarlet Bard

Katto
12-20-2010, 03:20 PM
This is a tribute to my first CRPG: The Bard's Tale - Tales of the Unknown. It shows the tavern "The Scarlet Bard", where the first dungeon is located. A part of this dungeon is shown and it looks very different when not drawn with a pencil on squared paper :)

Hope you enjoy it!

Djekspek
12-20-2010, 03:33 PM
The Bard's Tale!!! That map looks great (!) and brings back memories.. For me it was also the first RPG game I played on my good ol' C64. One of the things that got me hooked on Fantasy... I completely mapped that game ... Just loved it... you enter a room with 99 skeletons.... hack.. slash.. Got the xbox version a couple of years ago but nothing beats the original... oh, the memories... thanks for mapping and sharing this !:D cheers!

Ascension
12-20-2010, 04:28 PM
I never got that darn game to run for more than 5 minutes on my old C64...and the whole time I was lost in some sort of maze of walls that all looked the same. I heard it was great from all my friends but I never got to really play it. Your bar looks pretty good.

arsheesh
12-20-2010, 11:57 PM
Never played the game myself, but I really like your rendering of the Inn Kato. Nice Work.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

Jaxilon
12-21-2010, 02:42 AM
Brings back old old memories. I used a lot of graph paper on that game :) Halfling Monk ftw!

Jaxilon
12-21-2010, 03:42 AM
Hehe, if you want a bit of nostalgia Warriors Tale (http://www.rpggames4free.com/download/warriors-tale.html). Pretty much a remake of the original.

Steel General
12-21-2010, 08:44 AM
Bard's Tale! That brings back lots of memories, never did finish it. Nice work on the Inn Katto..