PDA

View Full Version : December 2010 Entry: The Littlest Planetoid

RecklessEnthusiasm
12-23-2010, 01:49 PM
Okay, so, I know I am entering ridiculously late and that more WIP posts generally equate to more votes, but I figured I had a free evening so I thought I'd try to put something out. So, I give you 'The Littlest Planetoid."

I figure I can't compete with the likes of Sapiento, Ascension, Cereth, and Ravells in terms of raw artistic skill, so I figured I'd go for something more style-heavy. I was kind of inspired by RJBeals' 'Lookout Island' and its cartoony look which made me think of being a child, doodling in a notebook, thought I'd give something similar a shot.

Edit: DARN IT, I forgot to use the 'December Entry:' tag! I'm so sorry, mods!

jtougas
12-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Oh thats just cool.. Ava is SO mad at me she said "Daddy why can't you make me a map like that.." :) Guess who's gonna get her vote.. Excellent job!!

Steel General
12-23-2010, 02:46 PM
Thread title modified...

RecklessEnthusiasm
12-23-2010, 02:51 PM
JT - Thanks, my man! I appreciate the kind words, always.

SG - Thanks, my man.

Just a few tiny changes, mostly cleanup, and a WIP tag this time:

Ascension
12-23-2010, 04:13 PM
Looks kinda like the old Pop Rocks thing. Well done, man. Style is the most important thing in most of these competitions. Usually the hand-drawn or antiques win so if your goal is to rack up medals then go that way but if your goal is to experiment with other styles then have at it I say.

RecklessEnthusiasm
12-24-2010, 12:04 PM
Sorry for the almost inconsequential updates. I feel like the success here is the cleanness of the lines and colors, so I am doing lots of tiny edits and adjustments.

### latest WIP ###

jbgibson
12-27-2010, 01:52 AM
Ha. I was considering asking if the Little Prince's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Little_Prince) planet was within the rules ... nice job ! :-)

ravells
12-31-2010, 05:24 PM
Really imaginative! I love it!!

Jaxilon
12-31-2010, 05:28 PM
This is all about fun and I think this map captures that in spades.