PDA

View Full Version : Hello !

Ukyuu
01-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Hi,

My penname (which I use for my books) is Djenny Floro, and my real name Jennifer Moulard. I live in France, I'll try my best to write in the best english I can pull out, but please do not hesitate to PM me if you see some errors that hurts your eyes, I'm always willing to correct myself when I can.

I'm the author of a few books (mainly distributed locally). In order to see my writings growing and to create deepest worlds where I have a clear sight of its ecologic system / its weather system and so on. I decided to create the maps of my worlds and so I join your forum to get better knowledge and understanding of cartography. I hope I do not intrude doing so!

Sincerly and Friendly,

Djenny Floro.

Greason Wolfe
01-07-2011, 10:19 AM
I'm sure that nobody will consider it an intrusion of any sort. And when it comes to learning about/improving map skills and techniques, you've come to the friendliest place I've ever seen for that sort of thing. As for your English, just do the best you can, nobody's perfect.

Oh, and one more thing before I get on about my business . . .

Welcome to the Guild! Hope you enjoy your stay, and may it be a lengthy one at that.

GW

Ukyuu
01-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Hi, thanks.

It will surely be a lenghty, through I might not be very talckative until I can understand fully the posts to answer properly (or to ask questions that can be answered) !

DF.

sigurdbjohansson
01-07-2011, 11:31 AM
Hi Djenny....

May I be so bold as to steal your name (Djenny Floro) for an NPC in my GURPS Fantasy world?? I just love the sound of it.......

Ukyuu
01-07-2011, 11:52 AM
A great honor you do me, thank you very much. You can go ahead. (Just make sure the NPC stays ethic, since it's my commercial name for my books, I'd like to avoid people confusing me with a shaddy, dark and evil person :P )

DF.

tilt
01-07-2011, 11:54 AM
hi Djenny, welcome to the guild. Be sure to check out our many tutorials, and when you're ready to start your own maps - post in a WIP (work in progress thread) for help and critique :)
and don't worry about your english, we have people from all over inhere :)

oh, and if you want people to PM you - or you them, you gotta have 5 posts.

Ukyuu
01-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Thank you for all those informations,

I'll do my best !

I'm checking the tutorials, but it's not as easy as it seems, I need to learn many things (including basics of weather in the real world) and there's this annoying editor of mine who keeps saying "I want the map of your world for the next week" so I need to to it all at once....

Of couse, had I knew that there was tools to make maps earlier, I would have done it for each and every of my books, but well, I found this forum while searching for pre-made map on fotalia, and told myself "why adapt my story to the map when I can make the map for my story?"....

You might find me a little silly ?

DF.

tilt
01-07-2011, 12:14 PM
lol... now, as an avid fantasy reader I do love a book with a good map in it. I did enjoy Abercrombies First Law, but really missed a map in it. So I'm all for a map to every story :)

Steel General
01-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Welcome Aboard!

NeonKnight
01-08-2011, 12:02 AM
Welcome to the Guild!

sigurdbjohansson
01-15-2011, 10:38 PM
Thanks a bunch!