PDA

View Full Version : [Unpaid - Taken] Tavern map, please (2 floors+cellar)

rossik
01-14-2011, 12:47 PM
hi guys!
im i need of a tavern map. i must say that any style of work would do great, from the simple "quare like" to more complex ones. any one would be great!

so, some details:

the Sea Troll tavern is a small but famous place. it is set near the docks (no need for the area map, just the tavern).
for the first floor, i would need:
-tables and benches (for any number of people. it can range from 2, to 6, or what you guys think it fits better).
-the counter and some shelves behind it (for the good beverage ;) )
-a fireplace
-kitchen
-storeroom
-spiral stairs to second floor
-stairs for the cellar
-3 rooms (one for the owner, one for his daughter, and one for 2 wenches)

second floor
-rooms (singles, doubles and for "lots of people" (i believe its called "commom room")
-the chimney for the fireplace on the 1st floor

cellar
-small cellar, just for some barrels and some meat.

well, i think this is it :D
any sugestion would be great (like, pillars, bathroom and such)

thanks in advance!

tilt
01-14-2011, 02:03 PM
Hi rossik - are you sure you can't use one of the taverns/inns allready on the guild? I know I made one (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?10441-Crows-Feet-A-Gnome-Bar-and-Brewery)myself for a challenge - and I'm guessing so did 4-5 others, in addition to that they pop up now and then.
If you can't use that - please just give info if its a battle map or just an "ordinary" map :)

rossik
01-14-2011, 02:56 PM
oh, i didnt know i had this option ^__^
i will check later, thanks for the advice!

edit: oh, its for a free pdf adventure, so it would be nice if it was "exclusive"

jtougas
01-14-2011, 04:19 PM
I'd be interested in this as I enjoy doing these types of things. I have a basic layout of the first floor for you. The size of this image is 1500x1500px. I would need to know what scale you'd need so I can place objects. Generally I use 5 foot increments for building interiors just as a guideline for you. Also you mention that this is for a "free" PDF adventure. Thats fine in so much as I retain the right to post the WIP map and the finished map both here and on my upcoming portfolio site. I would also request the credit for creation of the map in the adventure. Please let me know if this meets with your approval and I look forward to working with you on this project.

John

The following image is NOT subject to the CC licence in my signature as it is a preview of a commission piece.

NeonKnight
01-15-2011, 08:56 AM
Hmmm...sure I uploaded these before:

Sorry, no cellar map for the Gentle Wind....which is odd cause I am certain I did it.

jtougas
01-15-2011, 12:10 PM
Very cool !! (I think I'll finish this anyway since I started it) :)

rossik
01-17-2011, 11:31 AM
very cool map, neonknight!

jtougas, sorry about forgetting to write about his:
sure, all the credits will be given, no problem at all! name, email and such data, if you wish.

i would be glad to have a map from you, jtougas! i like the layout you are doing.
please ask me anything about it, ok?
(and i agree with all your terms)

cheers!

Steel General
01-17-2011, 12:22 PM
So is this taken then? (So it can be marked appropriately)

rossik
01-18-2011, 07:02 AM
if jtougas accept, yes!:)

jtougas
01-18-2011, 12:19 PM
I accept. :)
Here is the WIP thread where I will post my progress and you can make suggestions.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?13146-Generic-(Maybe)-Tavern&p=140021#post140021

rossik
01-18-2011, 03:51 PM
thanks, i will follow it!

moderation, this work is taken! ;D

rossik
01-25-2011, 03:39 PM
the work is done (see link at page one) if moderation want to close this.