PDA

View Full Version : Harrum

Yandor
01-14-2011, 03:27 PM
Well after much time away, and never completing half of the stuff I begin, I finally did it, I finished it haha.

This was started as an experiment to see how I could get better contrasts, and better looking mountains, well this is the result and after much fine tweaking here it is!

the WIP is here (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?11052-Harrum)

It was all done in Photoshop CS4 with many filters and textures, and many techniques acquired from here!

p.s. it really is a higher quality image, just had to lower it a bit to post it!

Gidde
01-14-2011, 04:00 PM
Grats on the finish! I know how you feel, I'm a great starter and a horrible finisher :)

Katto
01-14-2011, 05:32 PM
Well done, Yandor. It's one of the maps I would like to see in poster size.

Sapiento
01-15-2011, 01:35 AM
Well done, Yandor!

Yandor
01-15-2011, 02:48 AM
So I'm reverse engineering it, more off trying to redo the entire thing from start to "finish" and writing a Tutorial along the way, I'll probably post it for all of you to look at, donno when it'll be done but just a heads up! Also would you guys like a Tutorial of this anyways??

Anyways Thanks for all the rep and the comments!! Thank you all as well for the support!

Steel General
01-15-2011, 08:45 AM
Looks really nice...

del337er
01-15-2011, 09:39 PM
Very nice job!

Torius
01-22-2011, 07:45 PM
Wow, this is amazing! Your ocean effects are great the way it erodes to the depths. I for one would love to see a tutorial on this!

Yandor
01-23-2011, 03:24 AM
Wow, this is amazing! Your ocean effects are great the way it erodes to the depths. I for one would love to see a tutorial on this!

Thanks! I'll have the Ocean Tutorial (up to the doing of the land) up tomorrow, well I guess today after I get some sleep. I have most of my map in the tutorial, I'm just figuring out the last few steps of creating my mountains, I used some random texture and filter that I can't seem to find again to get the desired results... So I'll get the oceans up at least!

Jaxilon
01-23-2011, 03:27 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing the ocean tutorial as well. You have a real nice effect there. Of course, I don't use PS so we'll have to see if I can figure it out hehe.

Yandor
01-23-2011, 04:13 PM
Well I got it posted, the tutorial on my oceans... I guess in all reality its a tutorial on how I do my land mass and everything.

Tutorial found here! (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?13256-High-Contrast-Ocean-Harrum&p=140913#post140913)

Faadon Naano
01-25-2011, 08:55 AM
Liking the general feel of this - very geological. You have good believable coastlines as well as a good mixture of terrains to make it enjoyable.

Your world is very citified! I guess that is needed to fit the style.

Looks like a lot of work. Well done!