PDA

View Full Version : *** December/January 2010/11 VOTING - Wherever I Lay My Head ***

torstan
01-16-2011, 05:09 PM
The challenge this month was to map a campsite. No night passes uneventfully so the campsite was required to be mapped out at a tactical scale with a grid laid over the top.

Here are the challenge thumbs:

December/January Challenge Thumbnails (http://www.cartographersguild.com/utilities/Thumbs/Html/Challengers_LiteDec10.htm)

There are 12 entries this month, so please vote for 3 entries. Remember to Rep those that you vote for, and any others that you feel deserve it.

This vote will end in 4 days (20th of January). Good luck everyone!

jtougas
01-16-2011, 06:26 PM
This one was tough. I had to vote for Jax his style is so cool it always pops a story idea in my head when I see his stuff. My second vote went to professorthunder for the same reason very evocative. and lastly pindercarl got my third vote for a super clean and cool entry. I had a lot of fun with this one and feel like I learned things that will make me a better cartographer. All the entries were very good and everyone should be proud :)

RjBeals
01-16-2011, 06:50 PM
pindcarl - the perspective is awesome. Nice work

professorthunder - love the tire tracks, thats what sold it for me

jtougas - excellent mood in the scene. nice work on the shadows as well.

Way to go for all the entries. The more maps, the more fun to vote !

Gidde
01-16-2011, 08:37 PM
Wow, that was a really hard vote! Lots of great entries this month. I ended up going for:

professorthunder: This just feels like someone actually stopped there. The detail is incredible, and it's very well executed.
yandor: I can totally see this in my game. I really like the cut-ins as well. It evokes the kind of campsite where someone's singing -- probably badly. ;)
jaxilon: I love the spooky feels-safe-and-defensible-but-wait-what-was-that feeling this gives.

Off to go spread the rep, there are a lot of deserving folks this challenge :)

Katto
01-17-2011, 12:17 PM
Why are all the Heroe's campsites that tidy? Orcs etc. also want to loot.
My favourite is the campsite by professorthunder, I feel cold when looking at it. My further votes got Yandor and jtougas. Good job everyone!

Aval Penworth
01-17-2011, 06:31 PM
My votes went to Jx, JT and Yandor.

jtougas
01-20-2011, 06:56 PM
Congrats professorthunder !! A beautiful map. And congratulations to everyone who entered. And thank you to everyone that helped and voted ofr my map and..and..and.. :)

Steel General
01-21-2011, 10:23 AM
Congratz to ProfessorThunder on his first win!

torstan
01-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Congratulations! Professorthunder - you now have a shiny new piece for your medal cabinet. Great first entry into a challenge!

Jaxilon
01-21-2011, 12:33 PM
Indeed congratulations PT, you made a great looking map. I love the yellow snow that inadvertently looks like a duck! If you put a crown on him you might call him 'pee-king duck' hahaha...sorry, lame joke.

I got busy on the other Challenge going on and missed out on voting, although I do find it weird to vote on challenges I am in.

There were a lot of great entries, congratulations to everyone who entered. I would say that one of my votes would have gone to Rythal. I am surprised he only got 1 vote. Maybe the bridge only being one square wide? I don't know.
And JT, you worked that over and ended up with a real nice piece, way to go.

Lastly, I can't believe I came in second...that's like the worst position. :shock: To be so close you can smell the electronic badge machine and yet be the first to get....nothing :mrgreen:

Wear it with pride PT, and welcome to the awards ceremony. Just don't drink too much of that champaign, I hear we got it on discount. :)

Gidde
01-21-2011, 05:20 PM
Congrats PT!! Well deserved!