PDA

View Full Version : Graph Paper Dungeons

vman3force
01-20-2011, 04:45 PM
Ive noticed that the dungeon map forum doesent see much posting of new maps, so Ive decided to scan in and post all of my graph paper dungeon maps I do in my spare time. These are sort of just a diversion for me, so i generally don't write any adventure notes for them.

I'd like to get a collection going here of different people's work; If you have pen/pencil dungeon maps you want to share feel invited to participate.

Ascension
01-20-2011, 08:21 PM
That's a pretty good idea and good initiative. I've lost most of mine but I have one mega dungeon laying around.

vman3force
01-21-2011, 05:21 PM
Heres a few to start off:

:compass: Labrynth of Midas
:compass: Vendell Quarry
:compass: The Colisseum ground level
:compass: The Colisseum basement

vman3force
01-21-2011, 05:41 PM
A couple more:

:compass: Bandits' Hideout ground level
:compass: Bandits' Hideout main level
:compass: Tree Temple levels 1 - 4
:compass: Tree Temple levels B1 - B2

vman3force
01-21-2011, 06:07 PM
These ones technically aren't dungeons but I thought I'd post them anyways:

:compass: Port Saint Sebastian
:compass: The Haunted Puppethouse (I actually ran this one one time when it was just me and three of my friends sitting in the glow of candlelight - they had to fight marionettes possessed by the souls of a psychotic old couple that used to run the puppethouse)
:compass: River Ambush Point

vman3force
01-22-2011, 12:42 PM
:compass: Underground Airship Hangar
:compass: Wizard's Abode

Gidde
01-22-2011, 03:07 PM
I love looking at these. I don't unfortunately have any graph paper maps to share, but I know I speak for many of us when I say it gives us warm fuzzies and memories of old times spent playing tabletop RPG's when we see these. Keep em comin!

Dyson Logos
01-24-2011, 02:20 PM
Awesome!

I love the feel of old-school hand-drawn dungeon maps. Hell, it's basically what has built up the readership of my blog - posting one of these every Friday.

vman3force
01-24-2011, 02:25 PM
Awesome!

I love the feel of old-school hand-drawn dungeon maps. Hell, it's basically what has built up the readership of my blog - posting one of these every Friday.

Cool; I'll definitely check it out.

Dyson Logos
01-24-2011, 02:25 PM
Here's one I drew the other evening and posted to my personal "finished maps" thread (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?6715-Dyson-s-Old-School-Maps-amp-Experiments). Drew this one on graph paper in pen while watching the end of season 2 of SG-1 (two horrible episodes).

vman3force
01-25-2011, 06:20 PM
:compass: Sky Tower levels 1 - 2
:compass: Sky Tower levels 3 - 4

vman3force
01-25-2011, 07:00 PM
:compass: Hallway Encounters (Just a little bonus i thought i'd throw in; ideas for making fights in hallways more tactical and architecturally interesting)
:compass: Cloister of Solitude level 1
:compass: Cloister of Solitude - Road of Trials
:compass: Cloister of Solitude - Labyrinth of the Fang

vman3force
01-25-2011, 07:09 PM
:compass: Underground Prison level 1
:compass: Underground Prison level 2
:compass: The Caverns of Bandits and Molemen level 1
:compass:The Caverns of Bandits and Molemen level 2

Dyson Logos
02-13-2011, 11:19 AM
I love the caverns of bandits and molemen!

vman3force
02-16-2011, 11:16 PM
I love the caverns of bandits and molemen!

That one was a collaborative effort - me and a friend build it in turns, adding to and altering the place through historical events that transpired there.

Ive been busy with school (im actually taking a class this semester titled "mapping networks and territories." Art school is a fun place to be) so thats why i havent loaded any more images to this thread. But i will when i get the chance.