PDA

View Full Version : January/February Lite Challenge Entry: The Treasure Cave

meek75
01-21-2011, 02:47 PM
I am running a short adventure next week that is based on an old AEG module called "Dead Man's Cove". The adventure involves the PCs tracking down and dealing with a group of pirates. The pirates have a cave in which they have stored the loot and the group will need to go in a get the loot back. The first room has a pile of gold (It's a trap!). The second chamber contains two rock formations that glow strangly and cast colorful light displays acoss the cave. The next section is filled with ocean water and has a small boat. The last room is where the loot is found. What do you like and what needs work? I am thinking the water is too blue for an undergound pool, but I am not sure yet how to darken it without ruining the feel of it being water.

### Latest WIP ###

jtougas
01-21-2011, 07:24 PM
Looks really good. If you want to darken that water (or make it lighter) you could use a color overlay layer.

Gidde
01-21-2011, 07:47 PM
I don't think the water's too dark; it's just too saturated (imho). Underground you have smaller light sources, so everything tends to be a slightly-colored shade of gray. That might be why your intuition is telling you something's wrong.

meek75
01-21-2011, 08:03 PM
OK, still working on the water, but it is better than it was before. Also, I did the first map on my laptop and the colors were completly differnt when I pulled it up on my tabletop computer. Not liking the green look. So I have changed the colors to a more stonelike gray. What do you think? Also added a titale and logo for the map.

### Latest WIP ###

Gidde
01-21-2011, 08:08 PM
Yes, much better! And I like the title, very piratey :)

jtougas
01-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Arg..Very nice matey.. :)

meek75
01-22-2011, 12:40 AM
got rid of most of the shadow in the color filled room (seemed to make sense) and added a small map of outside the cave (the actual cove).

### Latest WIP ###

Jaxilon
01-22-2011, 01:04 AM
Plunder and loot, what's not to like :) I like those little islands in the colorized room. Not sure what that is in there but they look interesting.