PDA

View Full Version : Found: Map of the Battlestar Galactica Colonies

armoredgear7
01-27-2011, 12:20 AM
It's an official map of the twelve colonies from the Battlestar Galactica universe (styled for the new one).
Pretty nice work, and created by people who worked on the show.

http://io9.com/5742034/a-detailed-map-of-battlestar-galacticas-twelve-colonies

Apparently you can preorder a copy for $15; they're printing them in February.

Sapiento
01-27-2011, 02:17 AM
While I'm not a big fan of the re-imagined series (too much pseudo-religious blah blah and to few action scenes for my taste) I must say: Awesome Map!

Jaxilon
01-27-2011, 02:19 AM
That is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing the link.

ravells
01-27-2011, 09:14 AM
Great find! I loved the new version of BSG.

jtougas
01-27-2011, 01:50 PM
That is very cool. I also am a fan of the new BSG.

NeonKnight
01-31-2011, 04:27 AM
I liked the New version, More so cause it was (and is with the Prequel Series) filmed here in Vancouver :D

ravells
01-31-2011, 05:01 AM
Not to mention the fact that Tricia Helfer is a Canadian...:)

Ryan K
04-06-2011, 03:22 AM
Awesome find :) Massive nuBSG fan right here. Stoked that they're going to do the first Cylon War soon.

mearrin69
04-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Very cool. You'd think they could risk giving us a *teensy* bit more of a preview without compromising future sales! Hard to make out any details at all. A good many of the actors were Canadian, weren't they? I think Lee's actor was British though...and that lawyer guy (the one that also played Badger in Firefly). Six wasn't bad, for a robot and all, but Boomer and Starbuck were teh hawt! Way better than the original models...
M

Ryan K
04-06-2011, 05:44 PM
I really gotta learn the name of the guy who played Badger. Sure enough, whenever a casting call goes out for someone who is a bit dodgy, he always manages to get in on it. He also played the Demon 'Crowley' in Supernatural, a bank robber in Burn Notice, a master thief in White Collar, and I am sure I have seen him in a number of other shows where he plays the same sort of character. He does it well.

jerriecan
04-06-2011, 05:54 PM
I really gotta learn the name of the guy who played Badger. Sure enough, whenever a casting call goes out for someone who is a bit dodgy, he always manages to get in on it. He also played the Demon 'Crowley' in Supernatural, a bank robber in Burn Notice, a master thief in White Collar, and I am sure I have seen him in a number of other shows where he plays the same sort of character. He does it well.

The name you're looking for is Mark Sheppard.

bartmoss
04-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Loved (much of) the new series, but it really bogged down after New Caprica. Anyway it's still the best Sci Fi TV of the recent past. As for the map, I dunno. Quite honestly with the series nailing down their science pretty well, I just don't buy 12 habitable planets in two binary star systems, even if some of the planets could be marginal or terraformed.

MikeBeehan
05-17-2011, 03:06 PM
I love BSG :) x

moriturimax
01-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Image SAVED! Can't let that one get lost.

cereth
01-28-2012, 10:29 PM
Nice find! That map is quite sexy.

Thesslian
01-28-2012, 11:14 PM
Kind of cool. I think I would rather have a map of Galactica rather than the colonies though. After all, you saw the ship in every episode. You only saw one of the colonies in five or six episodes.

moriturimax
01-29-2012, 12:32 AM
You heartless bastard! All of those poor colonists got.... oooooh, Battlestar Map, yes Please.

Robulous
02-09-2012, 08:41 AM
Makes sense having a double binary system - I clicked on this kinda hoping it was maps of the actual planets! We see Caprica at least from orbit, there must be a texture map of it somewhere.

Arcana
02-09-2012, 08:51 AM
I'm working on a Fan-film production of a prequel to the original series...it's already got universal "interested". Check it out: http://www.13th-tribe.net/

You can see my work on the Cetan Raider Mk I, and soon the Cobra.

atpollard
02-09-2012, 10:03 AM
Quite honestly with the series nailing down their science pretty well, I just don't buy 12 habitable planets in two binary star systems, even if some of the planets could be marginal or terraformed.

If Mars and Venus switched places, we would be close to having three in this solar system ... but twelve is stretching it a little.