PDA

View Full Version : Start of a long road....

Squinty
02-08-2011, 07:11 PM
Hi there everyone. Having been viewing from the back for a while I decided to join up as I think that this is a wonderful community with some very talented people. Hoping some of that talent will rub off on me! For a long time now I have really wanted to develop my own CRPG but have held off due to the enormity of the task. I have decided to take the plunge however and make a start. No idea if I will see my game finished but as long as I enjoy myself along the way Im happy.

I plan to build the world in full detail first (nations, history, races etc.) and then implement the story I have developed into a selected region. I think it's very important to have continuity in games and it never ceases to amaze me how many of the 'big' games get this wrong!

Anyway that's enough........got to spend some time getting my head around PS layers :?

Rythal
02-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Velcome to zeh guild!

Good luck to your project. as to PS layers, think of them as sheets of glass instead of a canvas. you can paint on one sheet, and you will still be able to see whatever you painted on the sheets below it. Except that you can do crazy digital effects on those sheets of glass, and erase almost any mistake you make with the ctrl z key combo.

Korash
02-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Howdy Squinty o/

You should do a search for "PS layers" on this site. There is a great tut by someone here (damned if I can remember who...:{ ) that explains that most usefull of tools. :) And trust me....the illumination it gives will show you oh so many things that you have been missing :D

Steel General
02-09-2011, 05:01 PM
Welcome Aboard!

Gidde
02-09-2011, 06:37 PM
Welcome aboard and yay for delurking! :)

jtougas
02-10-2011, 04:16 PM
Welcome to the Guild !! :)

NeonKnight
02-11-2011, 05:39 PM
Welcome to the Guild!