PDA

View Full Version : The Lucky Monkey

Wonko the Sane
02-10-2011, 08:18 AM
This is a map of a roadside inn that the group I play with uh..."inherited", so to speak. (From Dungeon #98 )

Sigurd
02-10-2011, 10:01 AM
I like it. Its quite the convention centre!

ravells
02-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Wow, super posh! Tiger skin rugs and grand pianos!

Valtharius
02-10-2011, 11:55 AM
I think when the wife and I plan our next vacation, it will be at the Lucky Monkey! ;) Thanks for sharing!

~Val

Ukyuu
02-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Valthrarius : Wait to see the prices for the stay...

Nice map, I like it a lot !

jtougas
02-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Very Cool. I think I'd like the soft red glow from the tinted windows :) Repped

Ascension
02-10-2011, 04:21 PM
Dat monkey got some fonky.

ravells
02-10-2011, 04:23 PM
lololol!!!!!

Wonko the Sane
02-10-2011, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone...I think I'm starting to settle into a style I like.

I think when the wife and I plan our next vacation, it will be at the Lucky Monkey!
Happy to hear that the ever-present threat of attack from the monster-infested forests nearby doesn't deter intrepid vacationers such as yourselves. It's been a month and a half since the last attack, and almost a year since we lost Geoffrey, the stable hand. Now, with the new owners being brave adventurers, the possibility of troublemakers targeting The Lucky Monkey seems downright unthinkable.*

Wait to see the prices for the stay...
On the contrary! Our prices are comparable to any roadside inn near monster-ridden wildlands. Guests that are handy with a bow or sword can earn themselves a tidy discount by aiding in the inn's defense, should one of the rare monster attacks occur during their stay.*

I think I'd like the soft red glow from the tinted windows
If you look closely, you can see that it's the same texture as the walls, just a little narrower so that the windows are recognizable as such. I did do a version that has light shining through the stained-glass windows, but it just looked far too busy for me.

Dat monkey got some fonky.
Indeed. Fridays are Polka-Rama nights, and Saturdays are Cribbage tournament nights. It can get a little out of hand, especially when Grandma has a little too much cider.

*Management will not be held responsible for loss of property/body parts/guests that may occur.

Steel General
02-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Nicely done...