PDA

View Full Version : Tarnath Kontinent

Troedel
02-15-2011, 05:01 PM
Hi everyone,

I decided to make this one final as I´ve been pondering over it for a long time and it is time for new frontiers to map.
For this map I followed the tutorial Saderan by Tear, something I would suggest it for everyone new to mapping using PS.
Some of the concepts are really easy to use once you understand them. So here is the map, I hope you enjoy.

*Edit: It was suggested to add the placenames so here they are.

Gidde
02-15-2011, 08:53 PM
Well done! I especially like the forest texture.

Katto
02-16-2011, 05:19 AM
Well done Trödel. Why haven't you named the smaller cities? The map would look more interesting with them IMO.

Steel General
02-16-2011, 07:52 AM
Nicely done...

Troedel
02-16-2011, 11:22 AM
Well done Trödel. Why haven't you named the smaller cities? The map would look more interesting with them IMO.

You are right. I´ve got names for the smaller towns. Problem is that I aimed for an A4 format and the names for the bigger settlements is 8 pt. Any smaller and your eyes will fall out trying to read them. I will get a hardcopy today in A4 and will take a look. As I´m not a print proffesional I´ve got to feel around in the dark regarding to map size, dpi, readability. The zoom function in PS suggests that can add infinite details... I´ve got to keep that in mind. If I go for a bigger printsize names should be no problem. I think I will do that for the forums. THX for cc.

lostatsea
02-17-2011, 09:13 PM
Nice Job! I especially like the compass rose and could you share your surf technique ? I would really like to use something similar on My current Project.

Valtharius
02-19-2011, 06:03 PM
Great map! I like the muted colors and the overall topography. The place names are well done. That is one of the first things I look at in a map... are the names of places interesting. It starts a story going... 5/5!

~Val

jtougas
02-19-2011, 07:12 PM
Very nice. The forests are excellent :)