PDA

View Full Version : Hey Folks!

JediLorro
02-15-2011, 11:36 PM
Hey there, new guildmates!

So, I am starting to DM my first DnD game and I found mention that the Cartographer's Guild had some great map resources. Little did I know that after a few hours reading and drooling over the maps here, I would decide that now would be a fantastic time to teach myself how to create maps.

So, I put campaign planning on hold to create a map based on RobA's lovely tutorial.

I started three days ago and have never really used GIMP before...here is what I came up with. It is pretty derivative and there is a lot that needs to be fleshed out, but I like it :)

Thanks for all your help and inspiration! Hopefully I get up the gumption to keep making maps. --JediLorro

Steel General
02-16-2011, 09:08 AM
Welcome Aboard!

Gidde
02-16-2011, 09:10 AM
Welcome to the Guild!

jtougas
02-16-2011, 11:01 AM
Welcome to the Guild. Nice start :)

JediLorro
02-16-2011, 12:11 PM
Thanks!

I think my next project will be making a larger dungeon area for an extended crawl. Perhaps I will even be brave enough for a WIP thread. Apparently I don't know how to start small... :)

NeonKnight
02-16-2011, 12:13 PM
Welcome to the Guild!

Korash
02-16-2011, 01:32 PM
Looking Good Jedi :)

Welcome to the Guild.

I would suggest starting a WIP (Work In Progress) thread for more C&C. It is the best way to get better, and don't be concerned about being flamed for your efforts. You will find that we all want to help make a good map, and the advice you would get in a WIP is a great way to get YOU there.

Have fun and hope to see more from ya. :)

Please DO NOT follow my example and start waaaay too many maps and not stay focused enough to get anywhere with any of them........