PDA

View Full Version : Random Continent

Carstairs
02-18-2011, 11:14 AM
Just to see what I could do, I sketched out these lands in about a minute, and it took off from there. I like the results generally but it's too low res to put more effort into.

Gidde
02-18-2011, 08:29 PM
Looks pretty cool for a sketch-turned-experiment :) I like the colors and what you've done with the nation icons.

Carstairs
02-18-2011, 09:43 PM
Thanks. I must admit that I wasn't completely without experience, I did some terrain work on a non-map project a while ago. The national symbols took some time, and in the end I think the map is a little too cluttered with them there. A little confusing to the sense of depth perception on top of the terrain relief and the void-like sea.

tilt
02-19-2011, 06:26 AM
good start Carstairs... always good to doodle now and then - and fun when something good comes out of it :)

Steel General
02-19-2011, 09:12 AM
I think it turned out quite nice... could almost be a 'RISK' map or something similar.

Carstairs
02-19-2011, 11:41 PM
I think it turned out quite nice... could almost be a 'RISK' map or something similar.

Now that you mention it, it does look like a game board. The last thing I was working on was for a custom Settlers of Catan set, maybe that was influencing me. (I didn't get very far with that, all my friends lost interest in the game.)