PDA

View Full Version : I don't suppose I could get a second chance at spelling my name correctly?

Sam Conifer
02-22-2011, 07:17 AM
I am a horrific speller. I always try to type words I rarely use and most of the time get it wrong. It might be nice to be humbled every time I take a look at the forum, but too much humbling is bad for ya. Maybe I'll try to dehumble myself in my signature somehow when that option is available to me.

ravells
02-22-2011, 07:20 AM
Hi Sam,

Only the Admins (Arcana and RobA) have the power to make name changes AFAIK.

As this is only your 9th post, you could just re-register under your correct name?

best

Ravs

Sam Conifer
02-22-2011, 07:36 AM
I could, but then I would have to make up a new email address that I would never check and probably never remember.

Sam Conifer
02-22-2011, 07:46 AM
Actually I think I figured it out. I had to change my email on Connifer to something phony so I could use a legitimate email for Conifer. Thanks. I don't know why I sometimes don't see the most obvious solutions.

ravells
02-22-2011, 08:03 AM
Wow, I didn't know that! So if you change your email address, you can change your name and hold the same account, but previous posts in your 'old name' will still have your old name on them. Your earlier posts are Connifer but your latest one is Conifer.

Learn something new every day, thanks for that!

::edit:: sorry I was being dim. You have started a new account!

RobA
02-27-2011, 04:23 PM
Sam-

I've merged the two accounts. Hope I was correct in assuming you wanted the single n!

(if not I can rename you)

-Rob A>

Ascension
02-27-2011, 05:31 PM
He has the power, he has the technology.

Jaxilon
02-27-2011, 09:57 PM
He has the power, he has the technology.

ROFL...In my mind I actually heard the "tu-tu-tu-tu-tu-tu-tu-tun''

Sam Conifer
03-01-2011, 02:27 AM
Hey thanks Rob. I just saw the change. One n is perfect. :)