PDA

View Full Version : Making Pete Fenlon maps in CC3!!!

landorl
01-15-2008, 01:18 PM
For anyone who uses CC3, Profantasy has released one of the greatest set of tools to date! (maybe a little bit of an over exaggeration). In the Jan issue of the Cartographer's Annual for 2008, they released a set of tools and symbols for doing maps in the style of Pete Fenlon from the old MERP system. Those are some of my favorite maps! I just downloaded it, and have been playing with it, though I haven't made any maps yet, but I like the way that it is working so far, and some of the example maps look pretty good.

Here is one example that shipped with the set...

jaerdaph
01-16-2008, 01:56 AM
The Annuals are the best thing Profantasy ever put out. Every month you get neat, new toys and a short PDF that teaches you how to use them, and a little bit about the power behind the software too.

I am so stoked to see what we are going to get this year! We're already off to a great start wit the Felon style pack. :D

Andugus
01-16-2008, 08:24 PM
I grew up playing these MERP supplements published by ICE. Pete Fenlon is one of the reasons I found my way to pursuing a life in Graphic Design. The list of artists is long but he gets a brick in the foundation.