PDA

View Full Version : Lite challenge Question??

lostatsea
03-12-2011, 02:21 PM
Whats up with the Lite challenge ? Maybe I misunderstood but I thought it ran from the 15th to the 10th then 5 days of voting. Then the cycle restarts. Today is the 12th. No voting has been posted. Is there a problem or rules change ?
I am hoping after the contest to get some much needed C&C! :?::?: I really want to know how to improve my mapping. C&C has been really thin!! What looks right?, what not?, alternate ways to achieve things? etc !!

jtougas
03-12-2011, 02:50 PM
The Lite Challenge runs from the 15th to the 15th. You still have 3 days :)

moutarde
03-12-2011, 03:18 PM
For quite a while now, its much more likely that the voting starts on the 15th, and new challenge is posted 2-3 days afterwards, near the end of the voting.

tilt
03-13-2011, 03:53 AM
yep... we should change the rules to reflect that date change... I remember I got confused about it when I started in the light challenges as well. CC is always nice to get, however - sometimes you just hit a period where everybody is busy with their own IRL stuff and just don't get much input if any ... happens to all of us :)

lostatsea
03-13-2011, 10:37 AM
Well Gosh Darn !! Thanks for the update:)

Jaxilon
03-15-2011, 12:26 PM
We've also had some discussions on C&C in the past because of this. Most of the time if someone else has already stated C&C that we agree with, we don't post anything more (Unless we don't have something to add that is). Also, if your style is something that we are unfamiliar with then C&C tends to be a little thin. If you are using a software that we don't know much or anything about we tend to keep our comments to ourselves and let someone else who knows it do the work.

Those are just a few additional reasons C&C can be light, other than when everyone gets busy.

jtougas
03-15-2011, 06:53 PM
We've also had some discussions on C&C in the past because of this. Most of the time if someone else has already stated C&C that we agree with, we don't post anything more (Unless we don't have something to add that is). Also, if your style is something that we are unfamiliar with then C&C tends to be a little thin. If you are using a software that we don't know much or anything about we tend to keep our comments to ourselves and let someone else who knows it do the work.

Those are just a few additional reasons C&C can be light, other than when everyone gets busy.

I know for me that unless I'm completely comfortable with what I'm talking about I tend to keep my comments to myself. I would hate to give feedback or technique help and be wrong. :)