PDA

View Full Version : Kindengard Town Map.

eViLe_eAgLe
03-14-2011, 10:43 PM
I was practicing and watching tutorials until i decide to restart Kurond.. And i guess i wanted to make one of the small town's on Kurond.

http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/8703/kindengardmap.png

Ascension
03-14-2011, 11:31 PM
Pretty good. I've seen much worse from that tut but yours is quite nice. Good job.

eViLe_eAgLe
03-15-2011, 12:09 AM
Thank you. I plan on messing with things on Photoshop *Just got it a couple days ago* to see what i can get.

eViLe_eAgLe
03-15-2011, 12:21 AM
I actually dont like the ragged paper. For some reason it annoys me.

Sigurd
03-15-2011, 01:40 AM
I can certainly recognize the tutorial :). Thanks for sharing.

I think the ragged edges have two problems.

1 - this is really a compliment - The colour\texture of your paper is very pleasing. My eye wants to see it continue. Perhaps because its such a focused subject, I'm content for this to be a zoom of a larger map. I'd like to shift the window and see the border give way to more map.

2 - The ragged edges are not darkened or burned. I think they come off as unbelievable because they aren't part of the darkening\colouring of the paper layer. Its not easy to represent the abrasion of the torn edges.

As I said, thanks for sharing. I'd certainly use it for a game map.

Sigurd

anstett
03-15-2011, 03:44 PM
I like the ragged edges but something bugged me and Sigurd made me realize why. The edges look right for a piece of hide but the texture looks like paper.

BOB

eViLe_eAgLe
03-15-2011, 06:42 PM
My bad. I dont plan on re-using this old paper back round much anymore. I think i will go with a a border around a flat map.