PDA

View Full Version : Dragonbay kingdoms - test of CC3 annual 51 style

Clercon
03-15-2011, 09:10 AM
This is a map I did to test the CC3 annual 51 style that was released now in march. I must say that I am very pleased with the result. The style was very easy to work with, You just couldn't fail on the mountains :-)
All the terrain is done in CC3. I've also added some texture and light effects in Photoshop. All the labeling is done in photoshop.
I hope you like it.

jfrazierjr
03-15-2011, 09:21 AM
Wow...I just noticed the new Compass you added... It's magnificent! Was that one of Torstan's as well?

Clercon
03-15-2011, 09:23 AM
Wow...I just noticed the new Compass you added... It's magnificent! Was that one of Torstan's as well?
I wish it was mine........but no it's Torstans. :-)
Thanks for the comment by the way.

Riggamorphus
03-15-2011, 12:38 PM
Beautiful Map! Just the right amount of detail and not too busy.

RjBeals
03-15-2011, 12:50 PM
really nice mountain range.

Tigon
03-15-2011, 01:16 PM
Indeed the mountains are cracking. Did you say that this is what CC3 generates? Beyond the addition of labels and such that is. Amazing stuff if that's the case. (The only CC I've seen was way back in the mid '90s on a friend's shiny new Pentium). The compass fits in very well. Kudos to Mr T.

Ramah
03-15-2011, 02:49 PM
That looks beautiful, Clercon. And it really makes a lot of difference that you took the time to lay the forests with individual trees like that, rather than using the forest texture with the massive blur around the edge. Great stuff.

And Torstan's style is a clear winner when it comes to CC3. The best I've seen so far.

Clercon
03-15-2011, 03:09 PM
Thanks for all the comments.

Tigon - Yes all the terrain is done in CC3. And I must say that the style is really great. The mountains are eaily laid out so they look good. So they have really done a good job with it.
Ramah - Thanks, there are really no real shortcuts if you want it to look good. Just a lot of repitition.

Katto
03-16-2011, 05:32 AM
This annual style is awesome and you used it very well Clercon!

mearrin69
03-16-2011, 11:19 AM
Very nice. Love those mountains. Have some rep!
M

JackOfHearts
03-16-2011, 10:27 PM
I really do like the style of this one! I've never had any version of CC, still debating it.

Diamond
03-16-2011, 10:43 PM
That looks beautiful, Clercon. And it really makes a lot of difference that you took the time to lay the forests with individual trees like that, rather than using the forest texture with the massive blur around the edge. Great stuff.

I could not agree more. Using individual trees was definitely the way to go.

Clercon
03-17-2011, 03:08 AM
I could not agree more. Using individual trees was definitely the way to go.

Thanks, I agree the difference is quite big. The none individual trees felt a bit too flat.

And JackofHearts, CC3 is definitely worth the money in my opinion. The only drawback (if you can call it a drawback) is that I think you really need the Annuals to get the most out of the program. The included styles aren't the best ones. So the end price tend to get higher then expected :-'9