PDA

View Full Version : Western World - Map for the novel Dead Men Tell No Lies by Stephen Lewis.

Sapiento
03-18-2011, 09:27 AM
I did this map for novelist Stephen Lewis' first book Dead Men Tell No Lies (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004SBOBNY). It is part of a larger world and shows the part which is important for the first novel of his World's Enough Cycle. The Western world covers an area that is approx. the same size as Europe from Scandinavia to North Africa.

Stephen wrote also an interesting blog entry (http://stephenjlewis.com/blog/?page_id=7) concerning the development and production of the map.

geamon
03-18-2011, 09:50 AM
As always good work. The shotgun mapper strikes again!

Diamond
03-18-2011, 11:27 AM
Shotgun mapper, lol. :D I think he's more like a sniper mapper - precise, accurate, and out of nowhere.

Awesome work AGAIN, Sap.

Jaxilon
03-18-2011, 12:24 PM
That's great Sap - Are those Tree-thing created trees? It's very professional, I'll have to check out this book just so I can look at the map of one of our own :)

After reading his blog about the map it's even more obvious what a good job you did on this.

Sapiento
03-18-2011, 02:19 PM
That's great Sap - Are those Tree-thing created trees? It's very professional, I'll have to check out this book just so I can look at the map of one of our own :)

After reading his blog about the map it's even more obvious what a good job you did on this.

Thanx Jax. The trees are placed manually. Although I make often use of Tree-thing.

Shotgun mapper, lol. :D I think he's more like a sniper mapper - precise, accurate, and out of nowhere.

Awesome work AGAIN, Sap.

As always good work. The shotgun mapper strikes again!

Shotgun mapper and sniper - I like these comparisons! :D Thanx!

jtougas
03-18-2011, 02:20 PM
Beautiful As usual :)

Gidde
03-18-2011, 07:54 PM
Too cool, Sap! And it's obvious the author was extremely happy with your work, bravo :)

Ramah
03-18-2011, 08:00 PM
I like the map in general, but I cannot pull my eyes away from the two forests at the top, one of which is sooooo obviously a copy and paste of the other one. I'd say the forests are too close together to pull this off and it really looks pretty bad.

Other than that, nice map.

Sapiento
03-19-2011, 03:43 AM
Thank you!
@ Ramah: strange, but hadn't noticed this (and of course it was copy paste). I replaced the old version. Thank you.

Steel General
03-20-2011, 10:16 AM
Nicely done...

ravells
03-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Love the symbol size/scale ratio and the colours. Lovely work as always, Sap!

Sapiento
03-21-2011, 03:40 AM
Thank you, ravs!