PDA

View Full Version : Hello Friends!

KingOgre
03-18-2011, 03:12 PM
Hi Everyone, I'm KingOgre, I'm 24 and Iím a criminal justice student in Colorado. I have been a fantasy and map buff for most of my life, but I have only been really seriously working on making maps for about a year now. I current have 3 projects that Iím continually working on, 2 are original worlds that I have created and 1 is an alternate US/World history based on the American Civil War. I do most of my work in MS Paint (YAY!), mostly because itís simple and free. I wouldn't mind using a new program but I have put a lot of work into my maps on paint and wouldnít want to start over in a new program unless i could maybe transfer my maps from paint. I look forward to sharing my maps and ideas with you and hopefully getting some good advice for a startup cartographer!

Gidde
03-18-2011, 06:56 PM
Hiya and welcome to the Guild! Looking forward to seeing your work! When you get a chance, give the GIMP a try (www.gimp.org). It's also free, and although I've never tried it, I imagine you could transfer your maps over from paint extremely easily.

jtougas
03-18-2011, 07:44 PM
Welcome. I would second Gidde's comments about the GIMP it's great software (and like the lady said you can't beat the price) GIMP will open up just about any image file format so the bmp that MS Paint saves in will be no problem. I look forward to seeing your work :)

Steel General
03-20-2011, 09:17 AM
Welcome Aboard!

Kilian
03-22-2011, 03:10 AM
Im a law student as well and enjoy mapping. Welkom by die huis van die kartograaf.

NeonKnight
03-23-2011, 10:32 AM
Welcome to the Guild!