PDA

View Full Version : WIP Untitled island chain for a new project

RecklessEnthusiasm
03-24-2011, 01:58 AM
So, I am starting a little project where I am going to map out, in great detail, a whole 'region.' I have decided to start small with a ten-mile island in an island chain. the idea is that I this little island can be dropped into anyone's campaign by adding a simple dot on the world map wherever they'd like it! Ideally, I'll map out each city, each major island, and 10 or so points of interest to be scattered about the various landmasses. It will be, as so many RPG locations are, fraught with trouble. I'll include all the standards: abandoned fortifications, mansions, seaside caverns and inland caves, docked ships, etc. I hope to also do plenty of style experimentation along the way. Right now I am going for a weathered atlas look. The red spots will be replaced with cities which will be fleshed out in supplemental maps.

Basically, this will be a playground for DMs to write their adventure into without having to worry about mapping anything for themselves.

jtougas
03-24-2011, 02:33 AM
Very Cool. This should be fun :)

anstett
03-25-2011, 06:07 PM
This will be a very cool thread to follow ;)

BOB

RecklessEnthusiasm
03-26-2011, 03:32 AM
I've never tried a town/city before, so I am just fiddling around at the moment...

RecklessEnthusiasm
03-28-2011, 09:40 PM
Still trying to find a style I like....