PDA

View Full Version : Greetings Nerds

Murcu
04-11-2011, 11:19 PM
Well I ended up here trying to go through that (OMG SO) lengthy tutorial on making fantasy maps on Gimp which I ultimately failed miserably at. In any case, I ended up signing up because I had to see those pictures (argh! silly curiosity. SO MANY DEAD CATS).

In any case. Here I am. I'll no doubt be making another attempt at map making (because I love to fail. and apparently parenthesis) ()()()()()()( WOOOOOO

The point is. I really like what I've seen of the forum so far. Here's to finding one more thing to be addicted to in my life!

Ryan K
04-11-2011, 11:52 PM
Cheers to that. Welcome to the board!

jerriecan
04-12-2011, 12:40 AM
Greetings! I also joined up after some frustration with trying the tutorials without pics. Best of luck to you in future map-making! :)

Wannabehero
04-12-2011, 12:53 AM
Welcome to the forums all official-like. Goodluck!

Steel General
04-12-2011, 08:04 AM
Welcome Aboard!

Redrobes
04-12-2011, 10:54 AM
Failing at something is the very best and most effective way to become good at it just so long as you keep failing repeatedly until you done. Its only that giving up bit which guarantees you not ever achieving the skill.

Murcu
04-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Indeed.

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

jtougas
04-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Welcome to the Guild :)

Ascension
04-12-2011, 06:12 PM
I tell my students that the only way to truly learn something is by failing - so the more you fail the more you learn. The guy who does something perfect on the first try learns nothing yet thinks he knows everything. I also say that the second best way is to teach others what you have done because it forces you to think and verbalize and that, in turn, increase your knowledge and, at minimum, makes you look smarter than everyone else. :) Welcome aboard.

Ryan K
04-12-2011, 06:25 PM
Thomas Edison once said: "Results? Why, man, I have gotten lots of results! If I find 10,000 ways something won't work, I haven't failed. I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is often a step forward...."