PDA

View Full Version : April Challenge Entry: The Underwater Citadel

RecklessEnthusiasm
04-13-2011, 10:04 PM
I haven't done a challenge in what seems like forever! I'm pretty busy with other projects, but I'll try my best to participate this month!

### Latest WIP ###

RecklessEnthusiasm
04-14-2011, 03:22 AM
Hm, well, I did a whole heck of a lot of work today on this, and now I think I need to step back for a while and think about it.

I know I probably went overboard (so to speak) on the dressing and didn't focus as much on an actual pure map. Oh well, it isn't the least 'mappy' thing I've seen on here.

Anyway, it is at 50% resolution here. I kept making the canvas bigger and bigger to add more stuff around it, and came out with something huge. I figure I don't need to post the full one as this is plenty big and it might help hide some of those up-close mistakes.

### Latest WIP ###

LonewandererD
04-14-2011, 07:46 AM
A hand-drawn city? Curse your brilliance. Well there goes my chances of winning, loving what you have so far Reckless.

-D-

RecklessEnthusiasm
04-14-2011, 03:24 PM
Thanks buddy! Don't avoid submitting something on my account!

I feel obliged to point out that the city it is not actually hand drawn--it was made in Sketchup and then exported to Photoshop for coloring, effects, and placement.

jtougas
04-14-2011, 05:57 PM
Awesome. I always enjoy your stuff. I really like the story with this one as well. :)

anstett
04-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Very cool.

BOB

RecklessEnthusiasm
04-18-2011, 05:31 AM
Added a compass and a couple other minor changes.

### Latest WIP ###

RecklessEnthusiasm
04-19-2011, 01:32 AM
Not sure what I am going to do with this... After looking at djekspek's awesome entry I kind of feel like I should scrap this and do something better. I guess there is still time...?

Ascension
04-19-2011, 04:13 PM
Lots of time...end of the month. Or whenever we get around to ending it. :)

RecklessEnthusiasm
04-23-2011, 02:15 PM
Here is my compass if anyone wants to use it. Use it for anything you want, no attribution necessary.

jtougas
04-23-2011, 02:38 PM
Not sure what I am going to do with this... After looking at djekspek's awesome entry I kind of feel like I should scrap this and do something better. I guess there is still time...?

I think you've got a great entry. It's simple and very well done. :)

RecklessEnthusiasm
04-26-2011, 05:26 PM
Thanks, JT! It looks like today is the final day for submissions, so I guess I'll cross my fingers and redouble my efforts for the next round!