PDA

View Full Version : Hi from a new member

JPIKE
04-14-2011, 02:56 PM
Greetings everyone!

I've been lurking here a few days now and thought I would finally introduce myself. I don't quite know what to put down here except that I'm a map making rookie. I'm interested in making some maps for my Pathfinder RPG campaign. They would include dungeons and cities and possibly an overland map as well. Right now my "world" is confined to a single sheet of quad-ruled graph paper, but hopefully as my campaign grows in depth, so will my world. WIth that being said, I don't have a whole lot of free time to devote to this hobby right now. Any advice for a beginner would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Jay

jerriecan
04-14-2011, 05:27 PM
Welcome to the Guild! :)

Ryan K
04-14-2011, 05:33 PM
Welcome to the Guild, mate :)

jtougas
04-14-2011, 05:34 PM
Welcome to the Guild :)

Steel General
04-15-2011, 06:49 AM
Welcome Aboard!

Wannabehero
04-15-2011, 01:10 PM
Welcome to the guild, my best advice is to keep trying. Every time you draw or render something, you learn a bit more and next time it will be better/easier. Don't be afraid to experiment, and definitely hit up some of the amazing talents here for advice.

Korash
04-23-2011, 12:40 PM
and the best way to hit ppl up here is to post a WIP (Work In Progress) thread with your work and if you hit any snags or have quesstions about techniques, ask them there.

There is also a sticky thread at the top of this forrum call Quick Start Guide to Mapping (or something like that) that is a great read for those who just took the plunge into mapping.

NeonKnight
04-28-2011, 01:34 PM
Welcome to the Guild!