View Full Version : Feedback on Logo (poll!)
I've been reading some design books on logos and logotypes and have been playing with alternatives to my existing logotype (in sig)
Here are a couple options I'd like feedback on please....
1) The Cornucopia - keeps elements of my existing logo (font/globe) and incorporates a stylized cornucopia. The icon including the C can be used as a stand-alone logo:
2) Retro (modern?) - more stylized, the glob is pushed into a 3d abstract form that creates the C. Lowercase font adds to the retro look. The icon is also standalone:
3) Crest - Trying for an traditional look that has been simplified and cleaned up - a symmetrical crest and logo based on a globe braced by cornucopias:
4) My original:
Thanks for any feedback-
04-13-2011, 04:33 PM
The globe in the first one has lines that are too thick and dominate the C, some thinner lines might work. I like the second one the most, very simple and very stylish.
04-13-2011, 07:41 PM
Number 1 suits the name the best I think.
04-13-2011, 07:46 PM
Number 3 for me, with Number 1 a close second.
Honestly, I think Number 2 loses a lot of the appeal of the original, and doesn't offer really anything in return in terms of style or aesthetic. The modern/retro styling is just a little incongruous, seeming to be a bit corporation-y.
04-13-2011, 08:37 PM
I like #1 the best of the new logos...incorporating the cornucopia works. Agreed that the "C" gets a bit lost in there.
Honestly, though, I like your original logo the best of the bunch.
04-14-2011, 04:35 AM
I like your original logo best too. If I had to describe the feelings that each of the logos generated for me they would be:
Original Logo: Makes me think of retro world maps.
1. Cornucopia: The stylised horn of plenty looks like an unfolding fern (which is also cool) but maybe confusing. Makes me think of something growing.
2. Retro/Modern: My favourite of the 3. I like the cleverness of using negative space to make the C and you have enough of a globe there. Feels modern and friendly with all those rounded edges on the typeface.
3. Crest: Looks too cliched. There must a zillion logos with laurel wreaths around a globe. This gives the feeling of 'world champion' but it's been so overused I wouldn't touch it.
04-14-2011, 05:38 PM
This really does need a poll.
04-14-2011, 08:22 PM
I voted for the original - I think it does the best job of conveying a 'map' feel. The first gets lost in the cornucopia, the second seems too stylized and the third makes me think of the United Nations and Starfleet logos. I like your original the best.
04-14-2011, 09:35 PM
#4 for me. #1, the C is lost in the design and makes it almost appear that your company name is Artocopia.
04-15-2011, 12:47 AM
#4 is the real eye catcher. The others just seem like font and logo. The fourth one feels like an image that says something about what you can expect.
04-15-2011, 06:43 AM
While I really like your original logo, #1 really caught my eye.
04-15-2011, 10:15 AM
I'm voting number 3, I just love crests... Nice work on them.
04-18-2011, 12:17 PM
I went with #1 with the proviso that the "C" is made to stand out more. The original is my second choice because, as already stated, it is quite clear what to expect from the company represented.
Thanks for the feedback!
I'm thinking of sticking with my original logo. One thing I;ve down is simplify it for smaller scale (one of the problems with the old one). Here is where I am so far...
in black/white, or 2-colour taking the highlight colour from my website:
04-21-2011, 01:04 PM
With the Teal Blue is very nice!
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.