PDA

View Full Version : First Map Ever Using CC3

JPIKE
04-16-2011, 01:43 PM
So here it is, my first, well second map ever using CC3. I know it's a bit rough and I've only really used the CC3 tutorials but I'm pleased with it as a wip. It's missing some things in the upper west corner mostly because I'm not very creative. If anyone has any feedback I'd appreciate it very much. BTW, I know the map is small but I don't know how to change the resolution.

jtougas
04-16-2011, 01:54 PM
Very Nice. I think you'll be happy with CC3 and you already seem to have a handle on how to use it . :)

NeonKnight
04-17-2011, 06:25 AM
The maps great.

I am assuming you are saving the map as a JPEG/PNG. If so you need to change the resolution by: TOOLS -> OPTIONS -> BITMAP SETTINGS and then change the X & Y features to something more appropriate (I have mine set for 2400 x 1800)

JPIKE
04-21-2011, 08:01 AM
Here's another map I did using the tutorials, user's guide, and map making guide that came with the software. I found that B&W maps are a little more forgiving than the color maps. I think I may have gone a little overboard with the symbols on this map though. However, I am pretty proud of my mountain range in the SE corner. I think it looks pretty geologically correct. The main reason that I am posting this is to show what a difference a little tutorial and a lot more creativity can do for a NooB. So for all you newbs out there, stay motivated.

Also I'm figuring out that this map making think is more of an art than a science, especially on the large scale. You can't be obsessed over points on a grid and what not when doing this stuff, or you just limit what you're capable of doing. Right?

NeonKnight
04-21-2011, 11:25 AM
I think you are really starting to get the hang of the CC3 software, and soon you will be making awesome(r) maps.

Good Job!

jtougas
04-21-2011, 03:57 PM
Very good. :)

Clercon
04-21-2011, 04:02 PM
Great work, I really like the second map.

JPIKE
04-23-2011, 10:36 PM
Thanks guys for all the support.

Kiarelle Alaisdair
04-25-2011, 11:59 AM
Encouraging for those who are just starting out :)