PDA

View Full Version : CC3 Copy and paste

danjr
04-25-2011, 04:36 PM
I have been curious about this for ages.

Ever since CCII I have been unable to cut and paste with any regularity.
Even with CCIII I can't do it.

I always get "No data on the clipboard.
Even when I have two instances open I don't get any data. On a few occasions I have managed to copy stuff, but it seems more a fluke than anything.

Can anyone give me a good walkthrough.

My work around for this has always been to just create the item in question into a symbol and then just use it as a symbol. It works but just isn't practical.

Problem is I had two saved city maps and saved street names to one that is an older less updated version, the newer map has all the campaign info and sewers and hidden stuff.

Thanks for any help all.

NeonKnight
04-25-2011, 05:45 PM
very simple.

1. Select EDIT -> Copy (Or CTRL+C)

2. Select what you want to copy, then RIGHT CLICK

3. Select OK

4. Place cursor over where you want to Origin Point (Usually centre of what you copied). LEFT CLICK

DONE

Then you just need to past (CTRL+V)

danjr
04-25-2011, 06:56 PM
Tried that and it did not work.

managed to find a work around.

Cut out the items I wanted and them pasted them. Copy just doesn't work and still nothing adds onto my clipboard....weird.

NeonKnight
04-25-2011, 10:13 PM
What version are you running? I know the above works, because I just did it.

danjr
04-26-2011, 04:05 AM
Version 3.11

Had the same problems with CC2 6.033.

I know I probably have to update, I think when I looked last it was version 3.16 or something.

NeonKnight
04-26-2011, 09:59 AM
Mine is version 3.42. Also, ensure the items you are trying to copy are not Frozen

danjr
04-26-2011, 06:29 PM
Crap I thought the updates were only at like 3.17 or something, not 3.42 holy crap time to update.

Nothing on my map is frozen.

Does copy put stuff on your clipboard? I always get errors saying nothing is on the clipboard. Though when I did the cut, data finally was on the clipboard.

NeonKnight
04-26-2011, 07:23 PM
Yes, as when I do the above and exit CC3, I get a WINDOWS message saying I things on my clipboard, and do I wish to keep them.

jaerdaph
05-05-2011, 01:56 AM
You need to use the Copy to Clipboard command to copy entities into the clipboard and paste them into other maps instead. The default Copy command only lets you copy and paste within the current map. To access Copy to Clipboard, RIGHT click on the COPY button and select Copy to Clipboard from the pull down list that pops up.