PDA

View Full Version : April/May 2011 Lite Challenge Entry - Frostheim

osloging
04-25-2011, 06:28 PM
Ok, I'm having a shot at this one. Frostheim is a fort somewhere cold; nothing big, just a few houses, a solid wall to defend against drunk barbarians and rampaging yetis and - on the outside of the wall - an inn and a couple of shops to avoid having to let anyone in who you don't want to let in.

### Latest WIP ###

eViLe_eAgLe
04-25-2011, 07:14 PM
The simplicity of it is nice! :) Repped and good luck to you also!

Ascension
04-25-2011, 07:39 PM
I moved your wip tag to the proper place (in case you wondering "how did that get there?"). Looks good, man.

Ares96
04-26-2011, 10:58 AM
The simplicity of it is nice! :) Repped and good luck to you also!

I very much agree. This is very simple, but in a very good way. Good luck!

osloging
04-26-2011, 03:18 PM
Thanks. Have been wanting to keep it simple. Besides, my skills do not really allow for something very advanced ;).

Ares96
04-26-2011, 03:22 PM
Thanks. Have been wanting to keep it simple. Besides, my skills do not really allow for something very advanced ;).

Well, as we say, we're all children in the beginning (which doesn't mean that you or your work is immature, 'children' here can also be interpreted as 'beginners'). This is supposed to be somewhere in Norway, right?

jtougas
04-26-2011, 03:24 PM
Very cool. :)

osloging
04-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Well, as we say, we're all children in the beginning (which doesn't mean that you or your work is immature, 'children' here can also be interpreted as 'beginners'). This is supposed to be somewhere in Norway, right?

Haha. Well. Would have to be at Jan Mayen or something then, with all that ice about; or Lappland possibly, but then Sweden or Finland might be better fits. But I used some Norwegian / Norse names to make it sound northern. For all I know, it's somewhere Antarctic, or in a magical realm of ice in the middle of the jungle of Xaxaxacaxak.

Ares96
04-26-2011, 05:44 PM
Haha. Well. Would have to be at Jan Mayen or something then, with all that ice about; or Lappland possibly, but then Sweden or Finland might be better fits. But I used some Norwegian / Norse names to make it sound northern. For all I know, it's somewhere Antarctic, or in a magical realm of ice in the middle of the jungle of Xaxaxacaxak.

Well, FWIW I'd gladly sign away Lappland to you; there is nothing there but national pride from 300 years ago and a few Sami.

osloging
04-26-2011, 09:04 PM
Travelled through northern Sweden and Finland last year, actually. In addition to the national pride and the Sami, there is an amazing amount of trees. But Inarijärvi is gorgeous. We would have to go to the Finns to get that signed over, of course, but they're so tricky to understand. Not like you guys.

The inarijärvi region would make for good inspiration for a frontier region in a fantasy world, though.

Ares96
04-27-2011, 02:24 AM
Travelled through northern Sweden and Finland last year, actually. In addition to the national pride and the Sami, there is an amazing amount of trees. But Inarijärvi is gorgeous. We would have to go to the Finns to get that signed over, of course, but they're so tricky to understand. Not like you guys.

The inarijärvi region would make for good inspiration for a frontier region in a fantasy world, though.

That surprises me. I've never been up there myself, but I didn't think there were that many trees there. Oh well, I suppose it does make more sense that way.