PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and Well Met

Bryden88
04-27-2011, 11:18 AM
Hello!

I am new to the site!

My name is Jason, I am an aspiring author, and have been developing a world - specifically, one that is medieval/fantasy themed for my works. My first work, tentatively entitled "The Grey Totem" has been started, though I am not very far in, as I'm trying to develop said world. Part of that includes making the map for the world. My own cartography skills are... pretty much absent. I try and I try to use the Profantasy software, but I'll be honest. A five year old could probably do better then me. I'm still trying though, though I will admit, I'm looking for someone who might be interested in helping with the map creation - whether it be a commision, or whether they want to help with world building as well in general. (Sidenote: My goal is for my world to be big and open enough for anyone to write a story within said world)

Anyway, looking forward to seeing folks' work, and definitely gonna put in a request or two!

jtougas
04-27-2011, 03:57 PM
Welcome to the Guild. CC3 is a bit of bear to learn to use but don't give up. It can help you create some amazing maps once you get the hang of it. There are several users of CC3 here that would be glad to help with any questions you might have. :)

Ryan K
04-27-2011, 06:36 PM
Welcome to the board, Bryden :)

Bryden88
04-27-2011, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I may decide to post a WIP and try to learn CC3 better rather then get someone to make my map. I'll definitely be looking for input though!

Steel General
04-28-2011, 07:45 AM
Welcome Aboard!

NeonKnight
04-28-2011, 02:45 PM
Welcome to the Guild!

If you have Questions on CC3, post them (Putting CC3 in the Title Header so I see them) and I will gladly do what I can to help out.