PDA

View Full Version : GIMP Random Mapping

Javert
04-28-2011, 09:20 PM
This is a map that I used GIMP exclusively for. The terrain and coastine were randomly generated as was the placement of the countries. I slapped the rest of it on in about two hours, and added a couple extras to make it look professional. There was a little effort involved in naming things.. I tried to make it as linguistically and regionally accurate as possible, but if you notice something that doesn't make sense in that context, I would appreciate a heads up. I would also appreciate any comments or suggestions for improvement.

Thanks guys
http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu9/JBunderson/PhysicalMap.jpg

Ascension
04-28-2011, 11:58 PM
Looks nice, man, but I'd like to see it bigger. The land shapes look convincing and the colors are easy on the eyes. Fonts look decent as well.

Steel General
04-29-2011, 06:49 AM
I'm with Ascension.

jtougas
04-29-2011, 03:57 PM
Looks good. I agree with Ascension on the colors and the fonts. Nice job . :)

LonewandererD
05-01-2011, 09:00 AM
I really like how natural the landmasses feel and how it gives a sense of being really big without actually needing to be or without being overwhelming or crowded.

-D-

Javert
05-02-2011, 11:02 AM
I agree with you guys. Its way too small. I thought the same thing when I was putting on the text. It will involve more work but I think I can do this. I want to use this map for my new campaign setting and detail is always a good thing.