PDA

View Full Version : Mydresia

Ramah
05-25-2011, 05:41 PM
Here is the finished version of the continent of Mydresia, done as a commission for Malken for his novels... http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?14471-In-Need-of-a-Professional-Looking-Map!

Well... technically it isn't finished as I still need to add a few more wetlands when I get the positioning info but as it is only a 5 minute job and will make little difference to the finished version as far as everyone else is concerned I thought I'd post it up now and sign off on it on here.

The client doesn't require labels, cartouche, scale bar etc. so I'm afraid you will have to use your imagination as to how it would look when fully tarted up that way. It's a shame as I reckon a map only comes to life when it is fully populated in that way.

Anyway, this is posted at 50% size.

This is a commissioned image and is therefore posted as a strictly no unauthorised usage map.

Jaxilon
05-25-2011, 05:59 PM
Awesome, I love the sand dunes in the southeast corner especially. It's beautiful.

LonewandererD
05-25-2011, 09:40 PM
Ramah, I shall forever be in awe of your maps, the commisioner certainly got their money's worth here. Bravo! :)

-D-

arsheesh
05-26-2011, 08:11 AM
Indeed! Beautiful work.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

Malken
05-26-2011, 05:23 PM
Definitely the best money I ever spent! Like keithrgordon said in the WIP thread, it just draws you in, Thanks you so much Ramah! I couldn't ask for a more inspirational piece of art. :D

Creacore
04-10-2012, 10:16 AM
This is my favorite map. I would really like have a like that in my fantasy universe... I'm so jealous !

Barek333
09-27-2012, 06:26 AM
A great map, I really like the style, hope to get some inspiration from this :)