PDA

View Full Version : Unnamed Ventigaian Cove - My First World Style Map! (WIP)

jorogumo
05-31-2011, 02:25 AM
This is still a work in progress, but this is my first attempt at cartography, period, let alone an atlas style map. I really want to learn all different styles of mapping so that I can create some really awesome visuals for a collaborative writing project that a friend and I are working on. I really enjoyed working on this. There are quite a few little things I want to add, but I thought I'd post this version here first and maybe get a little feedback!

Lanes

vman3force
05-31-2011, 12:37 PM
This is quite good for a first map. Unfortunately I havent much practice with satellite mapping so I can't give you technical advice, but for me the first things I would consider are toning back the crackled texture and finding a little more gradation in the water.

Ascension
05-31-2011, 06:02 PM
I'm diggin it, I can see where it could go. The little bumpy things, hills I call 'em, could stand to be less sharply bumpy. Try reducing the depth of the bevel and increase the size as well or maybe hit that layer with some gaussian blur to fade out the edges so that they transition more smoothly.