PDA

View Full Version : New member

Melissa Landreth
06-29-2011, 01:38 PM
Hello everyone! My name is Melissa and I run a fantasy/steampunk/horror Larp in the Chattanooga TN area. (I live near Atlanta, though.)
I have been looking for some help in creating maps and related documents for the game, and it looks like I found it!

I will primarily be using Gimp, as I have heard good things, and it is free. :) I hope to learn much, and post my finished products here for tips.

I'm excited!

arsheesh
06-29-2011, 01:48 PM
Welcome to the guild Melissa! You really can't go wrong with GIMP; it has a tremendous amount of power for a freeware program. There are several great tutorials written for this software as well. Just check out the tutorials section (also see the sticky on tutorials in pdf). Anyway, look forward to seeing your works in progress.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

Steel General
06-29-2011, 02:38 PM
Welcome Aboard!

jbgibson
07-01-2011, 05:41 PM
Welcome, Melissa! Larp, eh? I'm picturing the value you could add here by providing character-brushes, in photographic form :-). All you'll have to do is keep your zombies and berserkers still long enough to snap pix from above ....

You use the area near Harrison Bay? I used to live in Chattanooga, many many moons ago....

NeonKnight
07-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Welcome to the Guild!