PDA

View Full Version : First Issue of the Fantaseum Zine Released

ravells
02-22-2008, 12:43 PM
You can read it online here. (http://issuu.com/ravells/docs/glass_city_edition_30_jan)

Hi Everyone. We have now released the first issue of the Fantaseum Alliance Zine. As there was so much to do to produce the first issue, we decided to work from material already to hand to keep the production process manageable. Now that we have templates and a design pipeline of sorts established, hopefully future issues will be easier to create.

We hope that you will all contribute to future issues and to this end, will be asking for contributions to the second issue which is going to have a martime theme. It's quite possible that a near future competition is going to be a sea chart of some sort, but if you have any ideas or contributions that you would like to make, we would be very grateful for these.

We would love to hear your ideas about what you would like to see in future editions of the zine and to hear your thoughts on the first issue.

Hopefully we will have established artists providing the illustrations to the next issue so that part of it should get better.

Cheers

The Zine Crew.

Ishmayl
02-22-2008, 01:24 PM
I'm very excited about this - thanks to everyone who contributed!

delgondahntelius
02-22-2008, 01:28 PM
Looks great so far, of course I will have to go back and peruse it later, but skimming it and reading some short sections, it's a wealth of campaign and mapping inspiration and information. I look forward to future issues and hope to contribute in small way as well.

Maritime brings my barbarian islands map to mind... I'll have to dig that out and scan it. You guys are doing a great job and I for one, truly appreciate it :)

Midgardsormr
02-22-2008, 08:01 PM
Indeed; I am impressed! It looks like there's some proofreading to do, though. Is it still possible to make corrections? I could take notes as I read, if the effort would be put to use.

ravells
02-22-2008, 09:54 PM
This one's out, I'm afraid....but you've been elected as a proof reader for the next issue!

Midgardsormr
02-22-2008, 10:02 PM
Can do. I'll stop taking notes, then, and just enjoy the issue!

pyrandon
02-22-2008, 11:11 PM
Great work to all our compilers, editors, typesetters, and everyone in between! This wa sa ton of work, and I think it shows! :) I say this a successful maiden voyage. Thank you.

Robbie
02-25-2008, 03:59 PM
I go on one little business trip and you guys release a zine without me hehehe...Not that I've been as helpful with the Alliance stuff as I should have been :( I should probably get back on the website huh?

I'll check the zine out for sure when I get home and can access it...CBG is blocked from work, but this site isn't....weird.

alucard339
02-26-2008, 06:39 PM
I just finish going through it in fast reading (until later)
and you guys did a great job.

Can't wait for the next issue.

If someone got suggestion for improvement, were do he send it ???

ravells
02-26-2008, 07:47 PM
Thanks Alu!

Just post it here, Alu, or you can pm me if you prefer.

Kalomier
07-21-2008, 04:22 PM
Very nice e-zine! I especially enjoy the artist's perspective and modes of inspiration. It really makes the maps and stories come alive. I am already looking forward to the next issue and possible ways to contribute.

ravells
07-21-2008, 04:39 PM
Thanks Kalomier! The next issue should be out in August when I'm on holiday!

dittotb
07-23-2008, 09:49 PM
Absolutely brilliant first issue. Keep up the great work.

delgondahntelius
08-29-2008, 07:21 AM
speaking of next issues??? any word?

ravells
08-29-2008, 08:49 AM
Working on it! I'm hoping next week.

someguy
09-13-2008, 12:21 AM
Only one quibble. When I re-saved the e-zine as an optimized pdf and it shrank, a lot, from about 28mb to 4.81mb. I checked to see if the images would be all pixelated but that didn't happen until i got to about 200 zoom.

While I'm sure the larger file size prints better, the smaller looks just fine on the screen.

ravells
09-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Thanks, it was a first effort, I'll address that in the next issue which should be much, much smaller.